Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver

Dec 16, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT

Over the weekend, video surfaced of Boston forward Milan Lucic in an altercation on a Vancouver street just hours after a 6-2 loss to the Canucks at Rogers Arena.

Today Lucic addressed the incident, claiming he was the “victim of an attack” while suggesting he would be exploring his legal options.

“I did everything I could to restrain myself and not retaliate,” he told The Province.

He also took aim at his hometown (Lucic grew up in Vancouver and played junior hockey for the WHL Giants) and expressed dismay at the events that’ve transpired since he 2011 Stanley Cup Final.

“I have no reason left to defend my city and the people in my city,” Lucic said, as per the Vancouver Sun. “I’m disgusted and outraged that it had to come to something like that.

“So, as far as that goes, other than being at Rogers Arena, no one will ever see me in downtown Vancouver ever again … I’ve been downtown Vancouver 50, 60 times and I’ve never even come close to an altercation. But this one obviously ended in one.”

As mentioned, this isn’t the first time Lucic has had issues with Vancouver. In February 2012, his hometown church was vandalized with “Go Canucks” tags and, during the ’11 Cup Final, there were reports of people harassing his grandparents in Rogers Arena.

“That’s one of the worst parts. It’s in my hometown,” Lucic said. “Going back to the spray painting of the church and my grandparents and parents and family getting harassed during the final against the Canucks in 2011, it’s escalated to a point where I get attacked for just minding my own business.”

105 Comments (Feed for Comments)
  1. killerpgh - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Typical Bruins. Always claiming to be the victim.

• bakedbees - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:06 PM

typical troll…always hating

• killerpgh - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Seems to be his go to response. “Do you know who I am?” http://deadspin.com/5838013/milan-lucic-to-cop-questioning-him-about-a-fight-with-his-girlfriend-do-you-know-who-i-am

On I side note I really like Lucic as a player. (not joking at all) Tough, decent hands, physical

• runhigh24 - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:21 PM

ya but in this case it probably means “Dude, leave me alone, you know I play hockey and could turn your bones into dust if I chose to right?”

• 950003cups - Dec 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM

If that’s what they do to Lucic, I can’t imagine what they feel about Luongo, he’ll need to spend his offseasons in witness protection if he has one more bad season.

• endusersolutions2013 - Dec 16, 2013 at 5:38 PM

As we’ll never know what he was thinking before he spoke, it’s something that reasonable people should be able to disagree on, civilly.

• matt14gg - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:06 PM

That comment doesn’t even deserve to be dignified.

• blackandorangeforlife - Dec 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Sounds like something a Pens fan would say…..Watch out for Sid’s stick sport!

• killerpgh - Dec 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Coming from the Flyers fan who makes up thing to bash James Neal on another thread and saying Shanny is lying about amount of times Neal has been suspend in his career…..

• blackandorangeforlife - Dec 16, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Please show where i called Shanny a liar….Also did i correct my post to say two of those instances were fines?……Yes i corrected it….why dont you post that part?…..Please post all this…..I have a $100 bill says you cant find me calling anyone a liar…..Please go ahead…..Or are you just making it up?….Admit it….You made that comment not me….You can say i called him a liar all you want but we both know it never happened…..Have fun Sport!

• blackandorangeforlife - Dec 16, 2013 at 4:22 PM

And while your at it stop getting drunk and beating up pregnant woman at the games would ya…….It makes all us Hockey fans look bad……See what i did there?

• killerpgh - Dec 16, 2013 at 4:34 PM

You are/were convinced that this was James Neal 5th suspension. I told you to watch the video of Shanny announcing Neal’s latest suspension. He says in Neal’s 3rd. You continued to say it was his 5th. Either you’re to stupid to understand what Shanny is saying or you think he is a liar. I’ll let you tell me which one is true.

• blackandorangeforlife - Dec 16, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Spit out all the babble you want……Post where i called him a liar or concede you are lying yourself!

• killerpgh - Dec 16, 2013 at 4:57 PM

So stupid is the answer you are going with……

And by the way. Shanny clearly say Neal has been fined 1 once. So where is this 2nd fine you are speaking of above. That Shanny must be laying again…..right?

• mp1131211 - Dec 17, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Seriously, can you guys do this over email? I’m here for some good ‘ol Lucic bashin’!

• yvrmike - Dec 17, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Milan – you need to apologise to the City of Vancouver for being a drunken idiot the other night.
      Without saying too much here, you very well know what you did.
      The truth is in all those cameras that are every where on Granville street as well as the cameras that are in the bars.
      Be a man and apologise

2. runhigh24 - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:08 PM

The Bruins might need to start employing Shawn Thornton outside the rink to protect their players.

3. sjsharks66 - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Lucic is a stand up guy. I don’t see him starting fights in a club. He is not Eager. It’s sad that he is a native of Vancouver and they treat him so poorly.

• Jason Brough - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Slight rebuttal:

• nobandwagoners - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Exactly – Lucic is hardly treated “poorly” by Vancouver hockey fans. Many remember his days with the Giants and moan about Vancouver not having drafted him. He’s respected as a player and what he brings to the ice.

• shaundre93 - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:30 PM

They treat him great… when they’re not busy vandalizing his church, harassing his family or picking fights with him in the street.

• ironyisadeadscene - Dec 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Yes, this one instance PROVES that everything he said is a lie

You are dopey

• imleftcoast - Dec 16, 2013 at 5:40 PM

All Boston fans are racists. Vancouver doesn’t have to love Lucic or vice versa and you can stuff your complaints in a sack.

• sabatimus - Dec 16, 2013 at 5:45 PM

All blanket statements are blanket statements.

• markbarnett1961 - Dec 16, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Bitter – table for one!!!

• markbarnett1961 - Dec 16, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Bitter – table for one!!

• drewsylvania - Dec 16, 2013 at 7:11 PM

LOLfactory.

4. nunan - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Just to be clear, that is not him initially saying “do you know who you’re f’ing with?”..he did respond “do you know who YOU’RE f’ing with?” ..tough statement to make about a whole city but you have to think about how frustrating it is that you can’t even go out in your home city without being punched…or having your church vandalized…or having your grandparents hit with food while watching you play…

• jpelle82 - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:27 PM

i wouldnt denounce my hometown completely just because of some drunken idiots in a bar or harmless jeering of my relatives. i still dont understand why these guys go out to bars in the first place….nothing good happens after midnight as they say, especially if you’re famous it seems.

• nunan - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I get that..to a degree..but he’s 25 (or so) and home for a weekend which is rare. Can’t blame him for going out, with friends, in his home city. He’s probably done it tons of times and been fine. I do think he’ll probably regret his denouncement of the entire city later but I like that it adds to the massive amount of dislike there is between the two teams and cities. Rematch in Boston later this year!

5. nobandwagoners - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I’m just surprised that there are not more incidents of yahoos trying to goad NHL players into altercations when in public; just the flip side of the coin of fans wanting to be buddy-buddy with their home team players.

But, just as you can have douches on your own team, you can have douche Joe Blow “fans”, especially when hanging out on the weekend outside a nightclub. I don’t think Lucic intends to tar all Vancouver hockey fans and throw the entire city under the bus with his comments.

6. lonespeed - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:12 PM

“Other than being at Rogers Arena no one will ever see me in Downtown Vancouver ever again,” Lucic said, as per ESPN Boston. ”I have no reason left to defend my city and the people in my city.”

From the looks of it, team Canada doesn’t want you either Milan. Denounce your citizenship today. Join team USA and our campaign for gold in Sochi. We’ll welcome you with open arms.

7. killerpgh - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Brooks Orpik lives in Boston drink the off season. I’m guessing he isn’t to happy with his home town either….

• killerpgh - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:14 PM

….during the off season….

• bakedbees - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:17 PM

With his glass jaw, Boston is the last place Orpik should go out drinking.

• nunan - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Ya? And what evidence do you have to support your “guess”..talk about a baseless statement. Swing and a miss..

also, nobody cares what Orpik does..

• killerpgh - Dec 16, 2013 at 2:01 PM

• blackandorangeforlife - Dec 16, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Are those quotes as bad as the Pens fans who beat up a pregnant women and her boyfriend inside the Console?……Not so sure any team cant talk about the bad parts of other teams fan bases!…..We all have idiots!

• killerpgh - Dec 16, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Has that story ever been proven to be true? Seems like it would be a story an actual news outlet would pick up. But yes, even team has trash.

• ironyisadeadscene - Dec 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Unfortunately, most of Pittsburgh’s trash posts here

8. amityvillefun - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Lucic always will have a home in Boston. It sucks the guy can’t even go out in his hometown without some Canuckle head giving him grief.

People take “fandom” wayyyyyy too far. Many of the comments on this very site are bona fide proof of this.

It’s a game kids. It’s not war. Not politics. A game!

Lighten the #$@% up.

• hockeydon10 - Dec 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Don’t you mean Fan Dumb?

9. cso1296 - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Just patiently waiting for the “Typical Bruin” comments from Montreal/Toronto/Vancouver/Pittsburgh/New York/Buffalo fans.

• duster1982 - Dec 16, 2013 at 2:20 PM

^typical Bruin fan comment.

• montrealbbr - Dec 16, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Isnt it typical though? This team cant seem to stay out of the spotlight these days. Its either they are sucker punching guys on the ice, diving, faking injuries, acting classless and taunting fans and now they are starting fights in bars.

The league has to step in sooner or later and clean this team up.

• amityvillefun - Dec 16, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Maybe they can help out Montreal and buy a decent skate sharpener so they aren’t diving and falling all the time.

Don’t forget to fix that stanchion.

PS: Subban is just as cheap as Marchand if not worse!

• amerika1313 - Dec 16, 2013 at 3:13 PM

It seems as though he didn’t start it, and he didn’t fight back. It wasn’t a fight.

• drewzducks - Dec 16, 2013 at 3:58 PM

This coming from the fan of a team who employs “Zoro, the Gay Blade” as it’s top scorer and the Rhinestone Cowgirl in net ?

• drewzducks - Dec 16, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Montreal’s finest…a regular occurrence from such classy people

10. sjsharks66 - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:22 PM

If you watch the video Lucic does not even fight the guy. While the tough guy is walking away saying he will kill lucic.
    I wish lucic would have gave him a few to the face, to be honest. People who act like clowns in the street need to be put in place.

• amityvillefun - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:24 PM

He would have been sued or arrested. He did the right thing.

11. amityvillefun - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:23 PM

cso1296…. I’ll help you out:

The Bruins suck. They are all goons. They play dirty. Boston fans suck.

There. That covers most of it.

GO BRUINS!

Just bullets off of Superman’s chest, baby.

• cso1296 - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Apparently diving and thuggery gets you to 2 Finals in 3 years, according to those yahoos.

• amityvillefun - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:34 PM

The Bruins are the Devil incarnate. Bad to the bone and they’d steal your grandmother’s xmas turkey. Plus steal your girlfriend. All while sucker punching you in the back of the head.

What a classless guy that Bergeron is. He’s a cheapshot artist. HA!

12. sjsharks66 - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:31 PM

amityvillefun,

You don’t think he could have gotten away with it having evidence of being attacked and his life being threatened?

• amityvillefun - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:36 PM

At the very least it would be a more headaches than worth it to him. He has much more to lose than some schmoe trying to look like a hero in front of his friends.

They’d turn it around in court and say he was “a professionally trained fighter” or that his “hands were lethal weapons.”

Taking the high road was the SMART thing to do. He’s got nothing to prove to some mook.

• amityvillefun - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:37 PM

If the dude really wants to fight him, get good enough to be in the NHL. Look at John Scott, it can’t be THAT hard!

13. logicalcomment - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM

IMAGINE IF MARCHAND WAS AT THAT BAR !!!!

• nunan - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:42 PM

haha

• drewzducks - Dec 16, 2013 at 4:00 PM

There’s probably a height requirement.

14. sjsharks66 - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:42 PM

amityvillefun

Good point! I an actually very impressed at how well his handled it while being so intoxicated.

15. joey4id - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I like the way Lucic plays. He’s one my favorites. There really isn’t anything damaging in the video. Sure he had a few drinks. Big deal! In this digital age he should really try to avoid these situations because they serve only as a distraction. Stay focused on the team’s objective, and stay out of the bars, dude. Have drinks away from the public’s prying eyes.

• amityvillefun - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Gotta agree with you there Joey. However, he was in his hometown, and if you are away from “home” as much as he is, I’m sure it’s cool to get out and hang out at the places you used to.

Obviously, he won’t be doing that anymore.

Honestly, being a sports star or a rock star in this day and age must suck in some respects. Cameras are everywhere and not a moment of privacy in public. It’s almost like they are prisoners of their own success.

16. wishingtonredslur - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:46 PM

This isn’t just a Vancouver issue, sociologists believe that society and those of us that participate in it are in a process of de-evolution. This has a lot today with drug use and individual beliefs that you can do whatever you want without facing any legal or moral consequences. It is also why I’ll punch someone or their children right in the mouth, you do whatever you want, sure you can, so can I.

17. aquilinizer - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Ur getting paid 6mil per season. And you got a ring. I think I’ve been reimbursed for enough for not living in Vancouver anymore

18. shamu1the1whale - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I feel bad for Lucic getting all this press and for people in Vancouver not treating him well. He was just visiting friends in his own hometown, and some total idiot (probably drunk) guy decides to take on and hit Lucic several times??! WTH! I fully understand Lucic’s anger and frustration, and Lucic saying what he did in the video and later on to the press is totally understandable. If some drunk guy attacked you, you would naturally be very angry and would want to at least defend yourself verbally. It’s just unfortunate this had to be all on video for the world to see. He’s angry, he’s reacting, he’s probably pretty tired of all the bad run-ins he and his family have had. I would be too if I were in his shoes.

19. hosewater2 - Dec 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Two sides to every story here folks, wonder what the other patrons experienced that night?

• amityvillefun - Dec 16, 2013 at 2:05 PM

They are leaving out the part in the report where Lucic beat up the entire bar by himself while Marchand laughed and handed out gasoline and matches telling the crowd: “C’mon! Do it again!”

• montrealbbr - Dec 16, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Exactly hosewater2. I bet we will hear that Lucic was acting like a jackass and doing something to start trouble.

Wasn’t Lucic arrested for beating his girlfriend a few years ago? Im sure a guy like that would never start trouble.

• amityvillefun - Dec 16, 2013 at 3:04 PM

blah blah blah…

Boston sucks, blah blah, they’re all dirty, blah blah….

• drewzducks - Dec 16, 2013 at 4:02 PM

No dumbass, that was Patrick Rooooahhh .

20. antmel30 - Dec 16, 2013 at 2:06 PM

If this happens in philly it’s headline news nationwide

21. micasa81 - Dec 16, 2013 at 2:18 PM

A few years ago I lived in an apartment a block away from where that video happened, and my balcony was a front row seat for all the…”interesting”…things that would happen on the Granville strip. That street gets flooded with the most ridiculous d-bags from all over the Lower Mainland, *every single weekend*. I’m not surprised in the slightest by this incident. The thing you have to understand about Vancouver’s nightlife is that virtually all the trashy, overpriced clubs (i.e. the ones all the 19-24s from the ‘burbs are attracted to like flies) are packed into that one single street.

I now live in Boston, and there’s really no equivalent area to Granville St. that I’ve found. There are a sprinkling of trashy places around Fenway, TD Garden and downtown, but no real concentration (correct me if I’m wrong, those of you who are from Boston). Overall, though, I’ve seen more than my fair share of drunken fools in both cities. It’s part of North American urban life.

It’s too bad that Lucic is “done with Vancouver”. I won’t defend the town in the instances people have been so rabid about the Canucks they’ve lost all sense of judgment. I think he’s throwing the baby out with the bathwater, though, especially considering the guy grew up there. Does he forget the cheer he got when he raised the cup in that building? Or what about this:
    areahttp://www.vancouversun.com/health/Pete+McMartin+Sometimes+even+Bruins+deserves+kindness/9286053/story.html
    A Vancouver kid who’s a die-hard Bruins fan ends up in Children’s Hospital (the same hospital the Sedins donated $1.5 million to) with a brain tumor. A local charity gives his family 2 tickets to the Bruins game this past weekend, his hockey team all pins #4s on their jerseys (the kid is an Orr fanatic) in support of him, and his dad’s co-worker uses some connections with the Boston brass to arrange for the kid to visit the Bruins dressing room before the game. Maybe Looch’s run-in on Granville St. is “typical Vancouver”, but so is that story.

• micasa81 - Dec 16, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Dunno what happened to that link in the first post.

• amityvillefun - Dec 16, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Great story Micasa81.

• mp1131211 - Dec 17, 2013 at 3:02 AM

“virtually all the trashy, overpriced clubs (i.e. the ones all the 19-24s from the ‘burbs are attracted to like flies) are packed into that one single street.”

Sounds like landsdowne to me!

22. terrier92 - Dec 16, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Have spoken with Lucic on several occasions. He is a really great kid. Quiet, thoughtful and mature for his age. Once he spent over a half hour after practice talking to my daughter about her college hockey team. Couldnt have been nicer. Vancouver should be proud of this kid as he does everything the right way. Shame that all that stuff happened in his hometown. Sadly you learn as you grow up that sometimes you can no longer go home. Like Neely he is now a Bostonian. Proud to have him.

23. montrealbbr - Dec 16, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Lucic must have done something to provoke this behavior. I have been to Vancouver many times and the people are all great there. I dont see why they would just attack him. I cant wait to hear the rest of the story.

• amityvillefun - Dec 16, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Keep that 9-1-1 on speed dial. You never know where an evil Bruin might strike.

The city of Montreal is on red alert just in case….

• amerika1313 - Dec 16, 2013 at 3:15 PM

You’ve met everyone in Vancouver? You must have a lot of time on your hands…

• drewzducks - Dec 16, 2013 at 4:05 PM

He tends to meet a lot of people while he panhandles.

• greenmtnboy31 - Dec 17, 2013 at 9:09 AM

You need to brush up on your reading comprehension. No one ever said they met everyone in Vancouver.

• amerika1313 - Dec 18, 2013 at 10:17 AM

“I have been to Vancouver many times and the people are all great there.” In order to know they are all great, wouldn’t he have had to meet them all? Otherwise, he’s going on hearsay, which is inadmissable in this message board…

• ironyisadeadscene - Dec 16, 2013 at 7:25 PM

• lordstanley65 - Dec 19, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Do you ever really listen to yourself, you douchebag?

• lordstanley65 - Dec 19, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Sorry, directed at Montrealbbr and his fellow troll Habsman.

24. titansbro - Dec 16, 2013 at 2:43 PM

i used to go to vancouver all the time when i lived in seattle. commenter above is correct, granville is a trash hole. a fun trash hole though. they always seemed so nice up there, even to us lowly american scum. i didn’t realize how seriously they take canuck hockey there i suppose. i loved going there & to victoria. i live in boston now & there are absolutely some people that would attack a guy from boston who played on a rival team like montreal or pittsburgh. hell red sox fans were fighting each other at the parade. but this is not an attack on boston, i mostly like it here (weather, traffic, home prices all suck). i’m just saying that there are morons in every city who will take it way too far. but i can’t blame the guy for vilifying his city if this kinda crap keeps happening to him.

25. steverolley - Dec 16, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I like Lucic, good BC kid but C’Mon Man

Your team is hated in Vancouver, you just played that night and the game got a bit out of hand. Your team mate taunted the entire team and pretty much the city with his stanley cup display, your other teammate high sticked Lou in the neck.

And your surprised that a drunk idiot wanted to fight you at 2am outside the Roxy?

Every time I’m outside the Roxy at 2 am there is always guys looking to fight, for any reason!

• dboldave - Dec 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Yeah, clearly it’s his fault for going out with friends after a game. What a trouble maker Lucic is!

• mp1131211 - Dec 17, 2013 at 3:04 AM

Yep, this is exactly what I was thinking.

26. pdt66 - Dec 16, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Victim of an unprovoked attack? Was Thornton there?

• nunan - Dec 16, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I think you need to look up the definition of ‘unprovoked’ if you think Thornton was unprovoked…

• pdt66 - Dec 16, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Right….Orpik refusing to fight him over a clean hit on another player is really provocative. Thornton broke the “code” he likes to say he represents by slew footing an unsuspecting player and then punching him unconscious while he lay defenseless on the ice. How silly of me to be critical of the guy….

• nunan - Dec 16, 2013 at 10:42 PM

And I think you need to look up the word ‘clean’..

27. bunkerhillbob - Dec 16, 2013 at 5:32 PM

What are the odds Lucic would bump into the only guy in the city who would rather fight than shoot-up or make out with his boyfriend?

• sw19womble - Dec 21, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Lucic is a decent guy – he’s worked hard to establish himself in the NHL. I loved his work ethic as a Vancouver Giant – and more fool the Canucks for not drafting a talented local kid. But he was probably too blue-collar for that bunch of hair-pulling, finger-biting prima donnas that Vigneault put together.

Anyway, having seen more than my fair share of the morons on Granville over the years – along with the yahoo ‘fans’ of the Canucks – I’m not surprised that some idiot had a pop at Lucic.
      If anyone wants to have a go at anyone, maybe they should be asking why the Canucks organisation completely whiffed on a homegrown talent playing only a few miles from GM Place (or whatever they call it these days).
      After seeing first hand the kind of frathouse morons who rioted after the Canucks loss a couple of years ago, as well as Granville’s nightly debauchery, it’s hardly surprising I stay away from downtown as much as I can when I’m over there.
      BC is beautiful, but like anywhere else, it has its hotspots of dickheadishness.

28. ikillchicken - Dec 16, 2013 at 6:13 PM

” I’ve been downtown Vancouver 50, 60 times and I’ve never even come close to an altercation. But this one obviously ended in one.”

Then what is he whining about? If you’re out 50 or 60 times without even coming close to an incident then I’d say clearly this ONE exception is just a fluke. No reason to go dumping on the whole city over it.

29. da9ers - Dec 16, 2013 at 7:55 PM

All the penguin fans cry just like crybaby Crosby

30. 7mantel - Dec 16, 2013 at 8:14 PM

It’s sad that anyone in the spotlight cannot go out in public without having to deal with some jerk with something to prove.Repecting other people space is all but gone in todays world !

31. arbruins - Dec 16, 2013 at 8:54 PM

The entire city sucks…rioting nit wits

32. thesublimeylimey - Dec 17, 2013 at 7:56 AM

I always liked Vancouver, but like everywhere else in the world it has it’s share of morons.

I can’t count the number of times a footballer in England has got into a fight in a club. They should probably pick better clubs to drink at.

33. greenmtnboy31 - Dec 17, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Boo Hoo Milan, cry us a river. It sounds like the people of Vancouver know you are a POS, like the rest of us, but the best part is the threat that he’ll never be in downtown Vancouver again. HAHAHAHAHAHA, they don’t want you in Vancouver, you knuckledragging loser.

34. amityvillefun - Dec 17, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Dude, you are the loser. Milan brought the Cup back to Vancouver, they should be cheering a hometown hero instead of spray-painting churches, harassing his grandparents, and starting fights with him in clubs.

You are a hate filled POS. Did the Bruins kill your parents as a child or something? If so, become Batman or something and do something productive with all your life.

Lucic did absolutely nothing wrong in this instance, he took the high road. Try it sometime, you might live a happier life instead of stewing in your own BS.

I actually wonder if you enjoy rooting for the Habs as much as you like hating the Bruins. I suspect the latter of the two.

There is no team in the NHL that wouldn’t be better with the addition of Milan Lucic. He’s having a great season and provides hitting, toughness, and scoring punch. He’s actually starting to live up to the projections that he would become “the next Cam Neely.”

35. greenmtnboy31 - Dec 17, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Wow, he brought the Cup back to Vancouver; like he’s the first to do that?!?! Apparently the “hometown” isn’t getting a boner over him like you are. Clearly they don’t care for the knuckle dragging numbskull.

I AM just keeping it real, whether that jives with your man/boy love view of him is of no real consequence to me, but that Batman retort is an excellent grade school response.

How do you know he did nothing wrong? Oh, that’s right, you have a man crush on him, so he must be right. He was dumb to be downtown as a member of the hated Bruins after he and his team just had their collective a$$ handed to them, but I realize no one is accusing him of being too smart.

He may be having a great season by his standards, but he’s a classic under achiever if one can believe what you spew forth. Where was this phantom scoring punch you speak of when the bumble B’s needed him last spring? Oh, that’s right, he wilted up and disappeared at the most important time of year. That was about the same time Chara disappeared. I guess in your mind that equates to living up to the projections, which must have been pretty low for that knuckle dragger. I’m not sure being “the next Cam Neely” is much to live up to when you consider ‘ol Cam couldn’t take a hit.

36. gmailfan57 - Dec 23, 2013 at 12:29 AM

We all know Milan is a model of restraint. Guffaw!

Top 10 NHL Player Searches