Dec 16, 2013, 1:23 PM EDT
Bryan Bickell is one step closer to returning.
Chicago activated Bickell from injured reserve on Monday, paving the way for his comeback from a knee injury that’s cost him the last 15 games.
To make room for Bickell on the active roster, the ‘Hawks demoted forward Jeremy Morin to AHL Rockford.
Bickell, 28, had an erratic start to the season after signing a four-year, $16 million extension with the ‘Hawks in July. He did have five goals through his first 21 games, but recorded just six points total and one in his last 11 games.
According to head coach Joel Quenneville, Bickell is likely to miss his 16th game in a row when the Hawks take on the Preds on Tuesday. The club is aiming for the burly power forward to return on Friday, when they take on the Canucks.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5