Dec 16, 2013, 1:23 PM EDT
Bryan Bickell is one step closer to returning.
Chicago activated Bickell from injured reserve on Monday, paving the way for his comeback from a knee injury that’s cost him the last 15 games.
To make room for Bickell on the active roster, the ‘Hawks demoted forward Jeremy Morin to AHL Rockford.
Bickell, 28, had an erratic start to the season after signing a four-year, $16 million extension with the ‘Hawks in July. He did have five goals through his first 21 games, but recorded just six points total and one in his last 11 games.
According to head coach Joel Quenneville, Bickell is likely to miss his 16th game in a row when the Hawks take on the Preds on Tuesday. The club is aiming for the burly power forward to return on Friday, when they take on the Canucks.
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 4
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 11
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21