Dec 16, 2013, 1:23 PM EDT
Bryan Bickell is one step closer to returning.
Chicago activated Bickell from injured reserve on Monday, paving the way for his comeback from a knee injury that’s cost him the last 15 games.
To make room for Bickell on the active roster, the ‘Hawks demoted forward Jeremy Morin to AHL Rockford.
Bickell, 28, had an erratic start to the season after signing a four-year, $16 million extension with the ‘Hawks in July. He did have five goals through his first 21 games, but recorded just six points total and one in his last 11 games.
According to head coach Joel Quenneville, Bickell is likely to miss his 16th game in a row when the Hawks take on the Preds on Tuesday. The club is aiming for the burly power forward to return on Friday, when they take on the Canucks.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)