Dec 16, 2013, 1:23 PM EDT
Bryan Bickell is one step closer to returning.
Chicago activated Bickell from injured reserve on Monday, paving the way for his comeback from a knee injury that’s cost him the last 15 games.
To make room for Bickell on the active roster, the ‘Hawks demoted forward Jeremy Morin to AHL Rockford.
Bickell, 28, had an erratic start to the season after signing a four-year, $16 million extension with the ‘Hawks in July. He did have five goals through his first 21 games, but recorded just six points total and one in his last 11 games.
According to head coach Joel Quenneville, Bickell is likely to miss his 16th game in a row when the Hawks take on the Preds on Tuesday. The club is aiming for the burly power forward to return on Friday, when they take on the Canucks.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)