Dec 16, 2013, 12:26 PM EDT
Injuries and suspensions have tested Pittsburgh’s depth all season long, but Monday night’s projected lineup is…well, something else.
From the morning skate, here what the Penguins will roll out for this evening’s tilt against Toronto:
The reasons for such an obscure lineup (truth time: I had to look up who the heck Zach Sill is) are injuries to Evgeni Malkin, Kris Letang, Paul Martin, Brooks Orpik, Rob Scuderi, Tanner Glass, Beau Bennett and Andrew Ebbett.
Meanwhile, Deryk Engelland is suspended indefinitely pending an in-person hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety on Wednesday and James Neal is in the midst of his five-game suspension for kneeing Brad Marchand.
Oh, and here’s a fun fact about tonight’s blueline, as per the Pens website:
Combined Despres (60), Bortuzzo (39), Maatta (34), Dumoulin (1) and Samuelsson (0) have played in 134 career NHL games.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 46
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)