Dec 16, 2013, 12:26 PM EDT
Injuries and suspensions have tested Pittsburgh’s depth all season long, but Monday night’s projected lineup is…well, something else.
From the morning skate, here what the Penguins will roll out for this evening’s tilt against Toronto:
The reasons for such an obscure lineup (truth time: I had to look up who the heck Zach Sill is) are injuries to Evgeni Malkin, Kris Letang, Paul Martin, Brooks Orpik, Rob Scuderi, Tanner Glass, Beau Bennett and Andrew Ebbett.
Meanwhile, Deryk Engelland is suspended indefinitely pending an in-person hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety on Wednesday and James Neal is in the midst of his five-game suspension for kneeing Brad Marchand.
Oh, and here’s a fun fact about tonight’s blueline, as per the Pens website:
Combined Despres (60), Bortuzzo (39), Maatta (34), Dumoulin (1) and Samuelsson (0) have played in 134 career NHL games.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)