Dec 16, 2013, 8:36 PM EST
The way things are going in Columbus tonight, the Blue Jackets might want to ensconce themselves in bubble wrap.
The Jackets lost a pair of defensemen — Dalton Prout and Fedor Tyutin — during Monday night’s game versus the Jets, and are now without forward Derek MacKenzie — leaving Columbus with just 15 healthy skaters.
Prout suffered an upper-body injury after his first shift, playing just 50 seconds total, before being shut down for the night. McKenzie suffered a lower-body injury a short while later and was also ruled out for return, while Tyutin went to the room for repairs after having his mouth bloodied on a James Wright follow-through.
There’s no word yet on whether Tyutin will come back.
As a result of these injuries, Columbus is now rolling with just two defensive pairs — Ryan Murray-David Savard and Jack Johnson-Nikita Nikitin — and trailing 1-0 after Jets forward Mark Scheifele scored his fourth of the season with six minutes to go in the second period.
Updated: Tyutin returned to the game, scoring a goal in the third period.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)