Dec 16, 2013, 8:36 PM EST
The way things are going in Columbus tonight, the Blue Jackets might want to ensconce themselves in bubble wrap.
The Jackets lost a pair of defensemen — Dalton Prout and Fedor Tyutin — during Monday night’s game versus the Jets, and are now without forward Derek MacKenzie — leaving Columbus with just 15 healthy skaters.
Prout suffered an upper-body injury after his first shift, playing just 50 seconds total, before being shut down for the night. McKenzie suffered a lower-body injury a short while later and was also ruled out for return, while Tyutin went to the room for repairs after having his mouth bloodied on a James Wright follow-through.
There’s no word yet on whether Tyutin will come back.
As a result of these injuries, Columbus is now rolling with just two defensive pairs — Ryan Murray-David Savard and Jack Johnson-Nikita Nikitin — and trailing 1-0 after Jets forward Mark Scheifele scored his fourth of the season with six minutes to go in the second period.
Updated: Tyutin returned to the game, scoring a goal in the third period.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)