Dec 16, 2013, 8:36 PM EDT
The way things are going in Columbus tonight, the Blue Jackets might want to ensconce themselves in bubble wrap.
The Jackets lost a pair of defensemen — Dalton Prout and Fedor Tyutin — during Monday night’s game versus the Jets, and are now without forward Derek MacKenzie — leaving Columbus with just 15 healthy skaters.
Prout suffered an upper-body injury after his first shift, playing just 50 seconds total, before being shut down for the night. McKenzie suffered a lower-body injury a short while later and was also ruled out for return, while Tyutin went to the room for repairs after having his mouth bloodied on a James Wright follow-through.
There’s no word yet on whether Tyutin will come back.
As a result of these injuries, Columbus is now rolling with just two defensive pairs — Ryan Murray–David Savard and Jack Johnson–Nikita Nikitin — and trailing 1-0 after Jets forward Mark Scheifele scored his fourth of the season with six minutes to go in the second period.
Updated: Tyutin returned to the game, scoring a goal in the third period.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)