Dec 16, 2013, 5:16 PM EDT
When we last checked in on Bruins forward Dan Paille, he was being sent back to Boston with an undisclosed injury.
Today, we learned a bit more about his early return home from the Bruins’ recently concluded road trip.
“Dan has been evaluated. He came to us when we first got to Calgary and talked about not feeling well,” coach Claude Julien said, per CSN New England. “Once he got evaluated by our trainers it looked like concussion symptoms. So we sent him home to be evaluated by our doctors with what he’s had. It was an unfortunate thing that we found out in the last minute, so we scrambled to get a player out [to Calgary].
“The first thing we did, though, is send him home to get taken care of.”
Paille has three goals and two assists in 30 games. At the moment, there’s no timetable for the 29-year-old’s return. It hasn’t been reported how he suffered the injury. He did have a “mild concussion” in December of 2011.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)