Dec 16, 2013, 5:16 PM EST
When we last checked in on Bruins forward Dan Paille, he was being sent back to Boston with an undisclosed injury.
Today, we learned a bit more about his early return home from the Bruins’ recently concluded road trip.
“Dan has been evaluated. He came to us when we first got to Calgary and talked about not feeling well,” coach Claude Julien said, per CSN New England. “Once he got evaluated by our trainers it looked like concussion symptoms. So we sent him home to be evaluated by our doctors with what he’s had. It was an unfortunate thing that we found out in the last minute, so we scrambled to get a player out [to Calgary].
“The first thing we did, though, is send him home to get taken care of.”
Paille has three goals and two assists in 30 games. At the moment, there’s no timetable for the 29-year-old’s return. It hasn’t been reported how he suffered the injury. He did have a “mild concussion” in December of 2011.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)