Dec 16, 2013, 5:16 PM EST
When we last checked in on Bruins forward Dan Paille, he was being sent back to Boston with an undisclosed injury.
Today, we learned a bit more about his early return home from the Bruins’ recently concluded road trip.
“Dan has been evaluated. He came to us when we first got to Calgary and talked about not feeling well,” coach Claude Julien said, per CSN New England. “Once he got evaluated by our trainers it looked like concussion symptoms. So we sent him home to be evaluated by our doctors with what he’s had. It was an unfortunate thing that we found out in the last minute, so we scrambled to get a player out [to Calgary].
“The first thing we did, though, is send him home to get taken care of.”
Paille has three goals and two assists in 30 games. At the moment, there’s no timetable for the 29-year-old’s return. It hasn’t been reported how he suffered the injury. He did have a “mild concussion” in December of 2011.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 42
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 77
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (77)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)