Dec 16, 2013, 1:59 PM EST
Winnipeg will get a big boost tonight as Evander Kane returns to the lineup after missing the last six games with a lower-body ailment.
“I’m back in and ready to go,” Kane told the Winnipeg Free Press prior to taking on the Blue Jackets in Columbus. “Just getting the legs going is probably the biggest thing. And hopefully feeling the puck early on, playing with the puck in their zone and getting on the forecheck and getting some scoring opportunities, that’s what I’m looking to do in the first period.”
Kane, 22, last played on Nov. 29 in a 2-1 loss to Philadelphia. The Jets have struggled in his absence, going 2-3-1, and are hoping the former 30-goal man can spark the club as it looks to climb out of the Central Division basement.
Winnipeg is two points back of Nashville heading into tonight’s action, with a 14-15-5 record overall.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 15
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)