Dec 16, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
Winnipeg will get a big boost tonight as Evander Kane returns to the lineup after missing the last six games with a lower-body ailment.
“I’m back in and ready to go,” Kane told the Winnipeg Free Press prior to taking on the Blue Jackets in Columbus. “Just getting the legs going is probably the biggest thing. And hopefully feeling the puck early on, playing with the puck in their zone and getting on the forecheck and getting some scoring opportunities, that’s what I’m looking to do in the first period.”
Kane, 22, last played on Nov. 29 in a 2-1 loss to Philadelphia. The Jets have struggled in his absence, going 2-3-1, and are hoping the former 30-goal man can spark the club as it looks to climb out of the Central Division basement.
Winnipeg is two points back of Nashville heading into tonight’s action, with a 14-15-5 record overall.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 3
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)