Dec 16, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
Winnipeg will get a big boost tonight as Evander Kane returns to the lineup after missing the last six games with a lower-body ailment.
“I’m back in and ready to go,” Kane told the Winnipeg Free Press prior to taking on the Blue Jackets in Columbus. “Just getting the legs going is probably the biggest thing. And hopefully feeling the puck early on, playing with the puck in their zone and getting on the forecheck and getting some scoring opportunities, that’s what I’m looking to do in the first period.”
Kane, 22, last played on Nov. 29 in a 2-1 loss to Philadelphia. The Jets have struggled in his absence, going 2-3-1, and are hoping the former 30-goal man can spark the club as it looks to climb out of the Central Division basement.
Winnipeg is two points back of Nashville heading into tonight’s action, with a 14-15-5 record overall.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)