Dec 16, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
Winnipeg will get a big boost tonight as Evander Kane returns to the lineup after missing the last six games with a lower-body ailment.
“I’m back in and ready to go,” Kane told the Winnipeg Free Press prior to taking on the Blue Jackets in Columbus. “Just getting the legs going is probably the biggest thing. And hopefully feeling the puck early on, playing with the puck in their zone and getting on the forecheck and getting some scoring opportunities, that’s what I’m looking to do in the first period.”
Kane, 22, last played on Nov. 29 in a 2-1 loss to Philadelphia. The Jets have struggled in his absence, going 2-3-1, and are hoping the former 30-goal man can spark the club as it looks to climb out of the Central Division basement.
Winnipeg is two points back of Nashville heading into tonight’s action, with a 14-15-5 record overall.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)