Dec 16, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
Winnipeg will get a big boost tonight as Evander Kane returns to the lineup after missing the last six games with a lower-body ailment.
“I’m back in and ready to go,” Kane told the Winnipeg Free Press prior to taking on the Blue Jackets in Columbus. “Just getting the legs going is probably the biggest thing. And hopefully feeling the puck early on, playing with the puck in their zone and getting on the forecheck and getting some scoring opportunities, that’s what I’m looking to do in the first period.”
Kane, 22, last played on Nov. 29 in a 2-1 loss to Philadelphia. The Jets have struggled in his absence, going 2-3-1, and are hoping the former 30-goal man can spark the club as it looks to climb out of the Central Division basement.
Winnipeg is two points back of Nashville heading into tonight’s action, with a 14-15-5 record overall.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54