Dec 15, 2013, 12:43 AM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks beat the Boston Bruins 6-2 on Saturday, so one could say they got the last laugh.
That “last laugh” saying might need to be tweaked for sports with 82-game seasons, however. Is it really best that the Canucks got the last laugh, or that the Bruins laughed the “loudest”? One might guess that Marchand would be making an argument for the latter, as his hand motions evoked memories of the Bruins’ victory in the 2011 Stanley Cup Final.
There’s the “invisible Stanley Cup overhead lift and kiss” move:
Not to be outdone, he rolled out the less elaborate kissing-of-the-ring gesture:
So, what’s the verdict? Are you outraged or excited by the 25-year-old antics? Or maybe you’re a little bit of both?
For what it’s worth, this isn’t the only time that Marchand made a gesture to mock his opponents, as he made fun of the Toronto Maple Leafs back in 2011 with a golf swing motion.
This marks Vancouver’s seventh win in a row, by the way.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63