Dec 15, 2013, 12:43 AM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks beat the Boston Bruins 6-2 on Saturday, so one could say they got the last laugh.
That “last laugh” saying might need to be tweaked for sports with 82-game seasons, however. Is it really best that the Canucks got the last laugh, or that the Bruins laughed the “loudest”? One might guess that Marchand would be making an argument for the latter, as his hand motions evoked memories of the Bruins’ victory in the 2011 Stanley Cup Final.
There’s the “invisible Stanley Cup overhead lift and kiss” move:
Not to be outdone, he rolled out the less elaborate kissing-of-the-ring gesture:
So, what’s the verdict? Are you outraged or excited by the 25-year-old antics? Or maybe you’re a little bit of both?
For what it’s worth, this isn’t the only time that Marchand made a gesture to mock his opponents, as he made fun of the Toronto Maple Leafs back in 2011 with a golf swing motion.
This marks Vancouver’s seventh win in a row, by the way.
- Five big games to watch this weekend 3
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)