Dec 15, 2013, 12:43 AM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks beat the Boston Bruins 6-2 on Saturday, so one could say they got the last laugh.
That “last laugh” saying might need to be tweaked for sports with 82-game seasons, however. Is it really best that the Canucks got the last laugh, or that the Bruins laughed the “loudest”? One might guess that Marchand would be making an argument for the latter, as his hand motions evoked memories of the Bruins’ victory in the 2011 Stanley Cup Final.
There’s the “invisible Stanley Cup overhead lift and kiss” move:
Not to be outdone, he rolled out the less elaborate kissing-of-the-ring gesture:
So, what’s the verdict? Are you outraged or excited by the 25-year-old antics? Or maybe you’re a little bit of both?
For what it’s worth, this isn’t the only time that Marchand made a gesture to mock his opponents, as he made fun of the Toronto Maple Leafs back in 2011 with a golf swing motion.
This marks Vancouver’s seventh win in a row, by the way.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5