Dec 15, 2013, 12:43 AM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks beat the Boston Bruins 6-2 on Saturday, so one could say they got the last laugh.
That “last laugh” saying might need to be tweaked for sports with 82-game seasons, however. Is it really best that the Canucks got the last laugh, or that the Bruins laughed the “loudest”? One might guess that Marchand would be making an argument for the latter, as his hand motions evoked memories of the Bruins’ victory in the 2011 Stanley Cup Final.
There’s the “invisible Stanley Cup overhead lift and kiss” move:
Not to be outdone, he rolled out the less elaborate kissing-of-the-ring gesture:
So, what’s the verdict? Are you outraged or excited by the 25-year-old antics? Or maybe you’re a little bit of both?
For what it’s worth, this isn’t the only time that Marchand made a gesture to mock his opponents, as he made fun of the Toronto Maple Leafs back in 2011 with a golf swing motion.
This marks Vancouver’s seventh win in a row, by the way.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 31
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 66
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 25
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51