Dec 15, 2013, 11:55 AM EST
Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press reports the Wings are calling up top prospect forward Tomas Jurco from the American Hockey League to take Abdelkader’s spot on the roster and that’s a reason for excitement in the Motor City.
Jurco leads the Grand Rapids Griffins in points with 11 goals and 16 assists. At 20 years old, he’s a player the Wings organization is very high on. He’s also become a bit of a sensation because of his abilities to stickhandle a puck like a magician. Check it out:
Great, just what the rest of the league needed to see: A team with two guys that can do ridiculous things with the puck.
Let’s just hope for highlights-sake Mike Babcock puts Jurco and Pavel Datsyuk on a line together.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 25
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 63
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)