Dec 15, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press reports the Wings are calling up top prospect forward Tomas Jurco from the American Hockey League to take Abdelkader’s spot on the roster and that’s a reason for excitement in the Motor City.
Jurco leads the Grand Rapids Griffins in points with 11 goals and 16 assists. At 20 years old, he’s a player the Wings organization is very high on. He’s also become a bit of a sensation because of his abilities to stickhandle a puck like a magician. Check it out:
Great, just what the rest of the league needed to see: A team with two guys that can do ridiculous things with the puck.
Let’s just hope for highlights-sake Mike Babcock puts Jurco and Pavel Datsyuk on a line together.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 44
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)