Dec 15, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press reports the Wings are calling up top prospect forward Tomas Jurco from the American Hockey League to take Abdelkader’s spot on the roster and that’s a reason for excitement in the Motor City.
Jurco leads the Grand Rapids Griffins in points with 11 goals and 16 assists. At 20 years old, he’s a player the Wings organization is very high on. He’s also become a bit of a sensation because of his abilities to stickhandle a puck like a magician. Check it out:
Great, just what the rest of the league needed to see: A team with two guys that can do ridiculous things with the puck.
Let’s just hope for highlights-sake Mike Babcock puts Jurco and Pavel Datsyuk on a line together.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)