Dec 15, 2013, 2:18 PM EST
Peluso boarded Goligoski at the 15:28 mark of the second period during the Stars’ 6-4 win over the Jets. He was given a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct. Goligoski had to get 12 stitches after receiving a cut on his head from the hit.
This was Peluso’s first offense in the league as he’s never been fined or suspended before. Patrick Burke of the Deptartment of Player Safety explains the league’s reasoning for the suspension in the video below.
Peluso will give up $8,653.86 to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund. He’ll be eligible to return on December 22 on the road against Vancouver.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)