Dec 15, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Peluso boarded Goligoski at the 15:28 mark of the second period during the Stars’ 6-4 win over the Jets. He was given a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct. Goligoski had to get 12 stitches after receiving a cut on his head from the hit.
This was Peluso’s first offense in the league as he’s never been fined or suspended before. Patrick Burke of the Deptartment of Player Safety explains the league’s reasoning for the suspension in the video below.
Peluso will give up $8,653.86 to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund. He’ll be eligible to return on December 22 on the road against Vancouver.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)