Dec 15, 2013, 2:18 PM EST
Peluso boarded Goligoski at the 15:28 mark of the second period during the Stars’ 6-4 win over the Jets. He was given a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct. Goligoski had to get 12 stitches after receiving a cut on his head from the hit.
This was Peluso’s first offense in the league as he’s never been fined or suspended before. Patrick Burke of the Deptartment of Player Safety explains the league’s reasoning for the suspension in the video below.
Peluso will give up $8,653.86 to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund. He’ll be eligible to return on December 22 on the road against Vancouver.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)