Dec 15, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Peluso boarded Goligoski at the 15:28 mark of the second period during the Stars’ 6-4 win over the Jets. He was given a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct. Goligoski had to get 12 stitches after receiving a cut on his head from the hit.
This was Peluso’s first offense in the league as he’s never been fined or suspended before. Patrick Burke of the Deptartment of Player Safety explains the league’s reasoning for the suspension in the video below.
Peluso will give up $8,653.86 to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund. He’ll be eligible to return on December 22 on the road against Vancouver.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 71
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5