Dec 15, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Peluso boarded Goligoski at the 15:28 mark of the second period during the Stars’ 6-4 win over the Jets. He was given a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct. Goligoski had to get 12 stitches after receiving a cut on his head from the hit.
This was Peluso’s first offense in the league as he’s never been fined or suspended before. Patrick Burke of the Deptartment of Player Safety explains the league’s reasoning for the suspension in the video below.
Peluso will give up $8,653.86 to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund. He’ll be eligible to return on December 22 on the road against Vancouver.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17