Dec 15, 2013, 6:04 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers will face the Montreal Canadiens without Jonathan Huberdeau on Sunday. His run of 81 straight games played ends because of a foot injury, according to George Richards of the Miami Herald.
The 20-year-old fought through the pain of a hip issue that eventually required surgery to win the 2013 Calder Trophy, but this issue is apparently too much of a hindrance for him to play tonight.
He has 15 points in 33 games played this season. Playing against Montreal would have been meaningful for the young forward, but he told Richards that he’s opting to play it safe.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 19
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 42
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)