Dec 15, 2013, 6:04 PM EST
The Florida Panthers will face the Montreal Canadiens without Jonathan Huberdeau on Sunday. His run of 81 straight games played ends because of a foot injury, according to George Richards of the Miami Herald.
The 20-year-old fought through the pain of a hip issue that eventually required surgery to win the 2013 Calder Trophy, but this issue is apparently too much of a hindrance for him to play tonight.
He has 15 points in 33 games played this season. Playing against Montreal would have been meaningful for the young forward, but he told Richards that he’s opting to play it safe.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 34
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 9
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28