Dec 15, 2013, 6:04 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers will face the Montreal Canadiens without Jonathan Huberdeau on Sunday. His run of 81 straight games played ends because of a foot injury, according to George Richards of the Miami Herald.
The 20-year-old fought through the pain of a hip issue that eventually required surgery to win the 2013 Calder Trophy, but this issue is apparently too much of a hindrance for him to play tonight.
He has 15 points in 33 games played this season. Playing against Montreal would have been meaningful for the young forward, but he told Richards that he’s opting to play it safe.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54