Dec 15, 2013, 6:53 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers will see one veteran winger leave the lineup and one return to the mix against the Anaheim Ducks on Sunday. Ales Hemsky (ribs) is out while Ryan Smyth will draw back in after being a healthy scratch since Dec. 7.
It’s been an up-and-down season for Hemsky, which can even be seen in his more recent streaks. After collecting points in four consecutive games, Hemsky is now a on three-game pointless run. Smyth, 37, has experienced his own highs and lows; his most promising moments have come alongside David Perron.
Smyth isn’t the only veteran Oilers player to watch tonight, as Ilya Bryzgalov returns to the lineup on Sunday.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 32
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 15
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 57
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1