Dec 15, 2013, 6:53 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers will see one veteran winger leave the lineup and one return to the mix against the Anaheim Ducks on Sunday. Ales Hemsky (ribs) is out while Ryan Smyth will draw back in after being a healthy scratch since Dec. 7.
It’s been an up-and-down season for Hemsky, which can even be seen in his more recent streaks. After collecting points in four consecutive games, Hemsky is now a on three-game pointless run. Smyth, 37, has experienced his own highs and lows; his most promising moments have come alongside David Perron.
Smyth isn’t the only veteran Oilers player to watch tonight, as Ilya Bryzgalov returns to the lineup on Sunday.
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 2
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 2
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 19
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)