Dec 15, 2013, 6:53 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers will see one veteran winger leave the lineup and one return to the mix against the Anaheim Ducks on Sunday. Ales Hemsky (ribs) is out while Ryan Smyth will draw back in after being a healthy scratch since Dec. 7.
It’s been an up-and-down season for Hemsky, which can even be seen in his more recent streaks. After collecting points in four consecutive games, Hemsky is now a on three-game pointless run. Smyth, 37, has experienced his own highs and lows; his most promising moments have come alongside David Perron.
Smyth isn’t the only veteran Oilers player to watch tonight, as Ilya Bryzgalov returns to the lineup on Sunday.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 30
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)