Dec 15, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets will be without forward Matt Halischuk for the foreseeable future.
The team announced Halischuk underwent surgery today for a fractured forearm he suffered against the Dallas Stars on Saturday night. He’ll be out indefinitely as he recovers.
The Jets already took a hit to their lineup today when Anthony Peluso was suspended three games for boarding Dallas Stars defenseman Alex Goligoski. Both Halischuk and Peluso are depth players for the team, but losing them creates holes in the lineup nonetheless.
Winnipeg is currently last in the Central Division, two points back of Dallas and Nashville for fifth. They’re 10 points back of Minnesota for eighth in the Western Conference.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 10
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 34
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20