Dec 15, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets will be without forward Matt Halischuk for the foreseeable future.
The team announced Halischuk underwent surgery today for a fractured forearm he suffered against the Dallas Stars on Saturday night. He’ll be out indefinitely as he recovers.
The Jets already took a hit to their lineup today when Anthony Peluso was suspended three games for boarding Dallas Stars defenseman Alex Goligoski. Both Halischuk and Peluso are depth players for the team, but losing them creates holes in the lineup nonetheless.
Winnipeg is currently last in the Central Division, two points back of Dallas and Nashville for fifth. They’re 10 points back of Minnesota for eighth in the Western Conference.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)