Dec 15, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets will be without forward Matt Halischuk for the foreseeable future.
The team announced Halischuk underwent surgery today for a fractured forearm he suffered against the Dallas Stars on Saturday night. He’ll be out indefinitely as he recovers.
The Jets already took a hit to their lineup today when Anthony Peluso was suspended three games for boarding Dallas Stars defenseman Alex Goligoski. Both Halischuk and Peluso are depth players for the team, but losing them creates holes in the lineup nonetheless.
Winnipeg is currently last in the Central Division, two points back of Dallas and Nashville for fifth. They’re 10 points back of Minnesota for eighth in the Western Conference.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)