Dec 15, 2013, 3:35 PM EST
The Winnipeg Jets will be without forward Matt Halischuk for the foreseeable future.
The team announced Halischuk underwent surgery today for a fractured forearm he suffered against the Dallas Stars on Saturday night. He’ll be out indefinitely as he recovers.
The Jets already took a hit to their lineup today when Anthony Peluso was suspended three games for boarding Dallas Stars defenseman Alex Goligoski. Both Halischuk and Peluso are depth players for the team, but losing them creates holes in the lineup nonetheless.
Winnipeg is currently last in the Central Division, two points back of Dallas and Nashville for fifth. They’re 10 points back of Minnesota for eighth in the Western Conference.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)