Dec 15, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets will be without forward Matt Halischuk for the foreseeable future.
The team announced Halischuk underwent surgery today for a fractured forearm he suffered against the Dallas Stars on Saturday night. He’ll be out indefinitely as he recovers.
The Jets already took a hit to their lineup today when Anthony Peluso was suspended three games for boarding Dallas Stars defenseman Alex Goligoski. Both Halischuk and Peluso are depth players for the team, but losing them creates holes in the lineup nonetheless.
Winnipeg is currently last in the Central Division, two points back of Dallas and Nashville for fifth. They’re 10 points back of Minnesota for eighth in the Western Conference.
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 0
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 13
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 18
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 15
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 50
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 47
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35