Dec 15, 2013, 1:36 PM EDT
Here’s a look around the crease for today’s games…
Grubauer gets the call
Capitals rookie Philipp Grubauer will get the call to start when the Capitals host the Flyers. It’s the first time the two teams duked it out the last time. Steve Mason gets the call for Philadelphia meaning if Ray Emery wants to fight Braden Holtby again, we’ll have to see a completely ridiculous game. Don’t laugh, we’ve seen goofy things happen before.
Bishop faces Mrazek in Motor City
Both the Lightning and Red Wings had games Saturday night which means the backups last night get the call today. For Tampa Bay that means Ben Bishop gets the nod while Petr Mrazek goes for Detroit. Mrazek was recently recalled when Jimmy Howard went down with a sprained MCL.
Ramo looks to keep frustrating Rangers in New York
Calgary’s Karri Ramo was top-notch against the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday and he’ll get to keep on, keepin’ on against the Rangers today as he’ll get the start once again. The Rangers will look to turn things around at home with Henrik Lundqvist getting the start. Things didn’t go so hot for him on Thursday when he gave up three goals in the first period before being pulled in a 4-2 loss to Columbus. The Rangers have lost five home games in a row.
- Scott Clemmensen gets the start for Florida against Montreal. It’s expected that Carey Price will start for the Canadiens.
- The Blackhawks host the Kings in another battle of teams who played yesterday. The Kings could go with Ben Scrivens for the first time since December 2 (five games) while Chicago will likely go back to Antti Raanta after he was chased out of action by the Maple Leafs last night.
- In Anaheim, the matchup could feature Ilya Bryzgalov for the Edmonton Oilers up against Jonas Hiller for the Ducks.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 6
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)