Dec 15, 2013, 6:42 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings keep losing key players to injuries, as Johan Franzen suffered an upper-body injury and won’t return during Sunday’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning, Fox Sports Detroit’s Trevor Thompson reports.
Seriously, though, the Red Wings are really hurting right now. Justin Abdelkader was knocked out of Saturday’s game while Henrik Zetterberg, Jimmy Howard, Stephen Weiss, Darren Helm and Danny DeKeyser are all out for substantial amounts of time with their respective issues.
Franzen has 22 points in 29 games this season. Detroit was hoping he could make up much of the difference, but now they’ll need to hope someone else steps up.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 11
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 20
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 31
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)