Dec 15, 2013, 6:42 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings keep losing key players to injuries, as Johan Franzen suffered an upper-body injury and won’t return during Sunday’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning, Fox Sports Detroit’s Trevor Thompson reports.
Seriously, though, the Red Wings are really hurting right now. Justin Abdelkader was knocked out of Saturday’s game while Henrik Zetterberg, Jimmy Howard, Stephen Weiss, Darren Helm and Danny DeKeyser are all out for substantial amounts of time with their respective issues.
Franzen has 22 points in 29 games this season. Detroit was hoping he could make up much of the difference, but now they’ll need to hope someone else steps up.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)