Dec 15, 2013, 6:42 PM EST
The Detroit Red Wings keep losing key players to injuries, as Johan Franzen suffered an upper-body injury and won’t return during Sunday’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning, Fox Sports Detroit’s Trevor Thompson reports.
Seriously, though, the Red Wings are really hurting right now. Justin Abdelkader was knocked out of Saturday’s game while Henrik Zetterberg, Jimmy Howard, Stephen Weiss, Darren Helm and Danny DeKeyser are all out for substantial amounts of time with their respective issues.
Franzen has 22 points in 29 games this season. Detroit was hoping he could make up much of the difference, but now they’ll need to hope someone else steps up.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 53
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12