Dec 15, 2013, 6:42 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings keep losing key players to injuries, as Johan Franzen suffered an upper-body injury and won’t return during Sunday’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning, Fox Sports Detroit’s Trevor Thompson reports.
Seriously, though, the Red Wings are really hurting right now. Justin Abdelkader was knocked out of Saturday’s game while Henrik Zetterberg, Jimmy Howard, Stephen Weiss, Darren Helm and Danny DeKeyser are all out for substantial amounts of time with their respective issues.
Franzen has 22 points in 29 games this season. Detroit was hoping he could make up much of the difference, but now they’ll need to hope someone else steps up.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 4
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 41
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)