Dec 15, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
NHL.com describes the situation:
It was not immediately clear what happened to Gudbranson, but just before leaving the ice on his final shift, he engaged in a puck battle in the corner of the Panthers defensive zone with Canadiens forwards Max Pacioretty and David Desharnais. He skated slowly to the bench once the Panthers cleared the puck.
The 21-year-old has had a busy few games, as he received a match penalty for a hit on Washington Capitals forward Eric Fehr on Friday. Overall, he’s generated seven points and a -8 rating with 70 PIM in 33 games played this season.
Gudbranson’s Panthers beat the Habs 2-1 tonight.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 6
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 16
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 14
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 54
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)