Dec 15, 2013, 8:35 PM EST
NHL.com describes the situation:
It was not immediately clear what happened to Gudbranson, but just before leaving the ice on his final shift, he engaged in a puck battle in the corner of the Panthers defensive zone with Canadiens forwards Max Pacioretty and David Desharnais. He skated slowly to the bench once the Panthers cleared the puck.
The 21-year-old has had a busy few games, as he received a match penalty for a hit on Washington Capitals forward Eric Fehr on Friday. Overall, he’s generated seven points and a -8 rating with 70 PIM in 33 games played this season.
Gudbranson’s Panthers beat the Habs 2-1 tonight.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8