Dec 15, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
NHL.com describes the situation:
It was not immediately clear what happened to Gudbranson, but just before leaving the ice on his final shift, he engaged in a puck battle in the corner of the Panthers defensive zone with Canadiens forwards Max Pacioretty and David Desharnais. He skated slowly to the bench once the Panthers cleared the puck.
The 21-year-old has had a busy few games, as he received a match penalty for a hit on Washington Capitals forward Eric Fehr on Friday. Overall, he’s generated seven points and a -8 rating with 70 PIM in 33 games played this season.
Gudbranson’s Panthers beat the Habs 2-1 tonight.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)