Dec 15, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
NHL.com describes the situation:
It was not immediately clear what happened to Gudbranson, but just before leaving the ice on his final shift, he engaged in a puck battle in the corner of the Panthers defensive zone with Canadiens forwards Max Pacioretty and David Desharnais. He skated slowly to the bench once the Panthers cleared the puck.
The 21-year-old has had a busy few games, as he received a match penalty for a hit on Washington Capitals forward Eric Fehr on Friday. Overall, he’s generated seven points and a -8 rating with 70 PIM in 33 games played this season.
Gudbranson’s Panthers beat the Habs 2-1 tonight.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5