Dec 15, 2013, 11:05 AM EST
Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan has been out since December 4 with an illness.
It’s not the flu and neither the team nor the player are saying just what it is that’s knocked him out of action, but as Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona reports, Doan is itching to get back and sounds a little bit like Arnold Schwarzenegger when discussing it.
“It’s going to take a little bit of time, but I’ll be back,” Doan said. “Hopefully sooner than later.”
Apparently he’s ill with Terminator-itis.
Doan has dealt with a fever, headaches, and other aches and pains while he’s been out. That kind of sounds like the flu, but if it’s keeping a professional athlete off the ice, it’s got to be more than that.
While he’s missed four games since going out with this bug, the Coyotes have won two out of four and earn points in three games. That’s a good enough run to let Doan be patient about returning.
If he starts saying, “Hasta la vista, baby,” to sign off post-game interviews, however, we should all get nervous.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 2
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 29
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)