Dec 15, 2013, 11:05 AM EDT
Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan has been out since December 4 with an illness.
It’s not the flu and neither the team nor the player are saying just what it is that’s knocked him out of action, but as Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona reports, Doan is itching to get back and sounds a little bit like Arnold Schwarzenegger when discussing it.
“It’s going to take a little bit of time, but I’ll be back,” Doan said. “Hopefully sooner than later.”
Apparently he’s ill with Terminator-itis.
Doan has dealt with a fever, headaches, and other aches and pains while he’s been out. That kind of sounds like the flu, but if it’s keeping a professional athlete off the ice, it’s got to be more than that.
While he’s missed four games since going out with this bug, the Coyotes have won two out of four and earn points in three games. That’s a good enough run to let Doan be patient about returning.
If he starts saying, “Hasta la vista, baby,” to sign off post-game interviews, however, we should all get nervous.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 21
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54