Dec 15, 2013, 11:05 AM EDT
Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan has been out since December 4 with an illness.
It’s not the flu and neither the team nor the player are saying just what it is that’s knocked him out of action, but as Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona reports, Doan is itching to get back and sounds a little bit like Arnold Schwarzenegger when discussing it.
“It’s going to take a little bit of time, but I’ll be back,” Doan said. “Hopefully sooner than later.”
Apparently he’s ill with Terminator-itis.
Doan has dealt with a fever, headaches, and other aches and pains while he’s been out. That kind of sounds like the flu, but if it’s keeping a professional athlete off the ice, it’s got to be more than that.
While he’s missed four games since going out with this bug, the Coyotes have won two out of four and earn points in three games. That’s a good enough run to let Doan be patient about returning.
If he starts saying, “Hasta la vista, baby,” to sign off post-game interviews, however, we should all get nervous.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 8
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 47
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (48)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)