Dec 15, 2013, 11:05 AM EDT
Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan has been out since December 4 with an illness.
It’s not the flu and neither the team nor the player are saying just what it is that’s knocked him out of action, but as Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona reports, Doan is itching to get back and sounds a little bit like Arnold Schwarzenegger when discussing it.
“It’s going to take a little bit of time, but I’ll be back,” Doan said. “Hopefully sooner than later.”
Apparently he’s ill with Terminator-itis.
Doan has dealt with a fever, headaches, and other aches and pains while he’s been out. That kind of sounds like the flu, but if it’s keeping a professional athlete off the ice, it’s got to be more than that.
While he’s missed four games since going out with this bug, the Coyotes have won two out of four and earn points in three games. That’s a good enough run to let Doan be patient about returning.
If he starts saying, “Hasta la vista, baby,” to sign off post-game interviews, however, we should all get nervous.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 0
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 20
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 30
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)