Dec 15, 2013, 11:05 AM EDT
Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan has been out since December 4 with an illness.
It’s not the flu and neither the team nor the player are saying just what it is that’s knocked him out of action, but as Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona reports, Doan is itching to get back and sounds a little bit like Arnold Schwarzenegger when discussing it.
“It’s going to take a little bit of time, but I’ll be back,” Doan said. “Hopefully sooner than later.”
Apparently he’s ill with Terminator-itis.
Doan has dealt with a fever, headaches, and other aches and pains while he’s been out. That kind of sounds like the flu, but if it’s keeping a professional athlete off the ice, it’s got to be more than that.
While he’s missed four games since going out with this bug, the Coyotes have won two out of four and earn points in three games. That’s a good enough run to let Doan be patient about returning.
If he starts saying, “Hasta la vista, baby,” to sign off post-game interviews, however, we should all get nervous.
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 0
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 23
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 18
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13