Dec 15, 2013, 10:21 AM EDT
Back on October 15, San Jose Sharks defenseman was knocked unconscious by a blow to the head from St. Louis Blues forward Maxim Lapierre. Boyle had to be stretchered off the ice and did not take Lapierre’s phone calls to reach out to him.
He missed two weeks of action and returned on November 2, but as Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares, Boyle is happy to be back but not eager to discuss what went down with having such an injury.
“I think there’s a story there, I just don’t think I’m ready to talk about it yet,” Boyle said on Saturday morning. “I’m still going through things. There will be a time where I can open up and talk about it, I’m just not quite there yet.”
Boyle has played well in the past three games for San Jose putting up a goal and four assists overall including a goal and an assist each against Nashville on Saturday.
We’ve heard stories from other players in the past describing how hard it is to return from concussions and other head injuries, and with how Boyle is setting things up here, there’s quite the story to be told.
Thanks for the cliffhanger, Dan.
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 0
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 25
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 30
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)