Dec 15, 2013, 10:21 AM EDT
Back on October 15, San Jose Sharks defenseman was knocked unconscious by a blow to the head from St. Louis Blues forward Maxim Lapierre. Boyle had to be stretchered off the ice and did not take Lapierre’s phone calls to reach out to him.
He missed two weeks of action and returned on November 2, but as Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares, Boyle is happy to be back but not eager to discuss what went down with having such an injury.
“I think there’s a story there, I just don’t think I’m ready to talk about it yet,” Boyle said on Saturday morning. “I’m still going through things. There will be a time where I can open up and talk about it, I’m just not quite there yet.”
Boyle has played well in the past three games for San Jose putting up a goal and four assists overall including a goal and an assist each against Nashville on Saturday.
We’ve heard stories from other players in the past describing how hard it is to return from concussions and other head injuries, and with how Boyle is setting things up here, there’s quite the story to be told.
Thanks for the cliffhanger, Dan.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)