Dec 15, 2013, 10:21 AM EDT
Back on October 15, San Jose Sharks defenseman was knocked unconscious by a blow to the head from St. Louis Blues forward Maxim Lapierre. Boyle had to be stretchered off the ice and did not take Lapierre’s phone calls to reach out to him.
He missed two weeks of action and returned on November 2, but as Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares, Boyle is happy to be back but not eager to discuss what went down with having such an injury.
“I think there’s a story there, I just don’t think I’m ready to talk about it yet,” Boyle said on Saturday morning. “I’m still going through things. There will be a time where I can open up and talk about it, I’m just not quite there yet.”
Boyle has played well in the past three games for San Jose putting up a goal and four assists overall including a goal and an assist each against Nashville on Saturday.
We’ve heard stories from other players in the past describing how hard it is to return from concussions and other head injuries, and with how Boyle is setting things up here, there’s quite the story to be told.
Thanks for the cliffhanger, Dan.
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 0
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 7
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 6
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 19
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 24
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 36
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)