Dec 15, 2013, 10:21 AM EST
Back on October 15, San Jose Sharks defenseman was knocked unconscious by a blow to the head from St. Louis Blues forward Maxim Lapierre. Boyle had to be stretchered off the ice and did not take Lapierre’s phone calls to reach out to him.
He missed two weeks of action and returned on November 2, but as Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares, Boyle is happy to be back but not eager to discuss what went down with having such an injury.
“I think there’s a story there, I just don’t think I’m ready to talk about it yet,” Boyle said on Saturday morning. “I’m still going through things. There will be a time where I can open up and talk about it, I’m just not quite there yet.”
Boyle has played well in the past three games for San Jose putting up a goal and four assists overall including a goal and an assist each against Nashville on Saturday.
We’ve heard stories from other players in the past describing how hard it is to return from concussions and other head injuries, and with how Boyle is setting things up here, there’s quite the story to be told.
Thanks for the cliffhanger, Dan.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)