Dec 15, 2013, 10:21 AM EDT
Back on October 15, San Jose Sharks defenseman was knocked unconscious by a blow to the head from St. Louis Blues forward Maxim Lapierre. Boyle had to be stretchered off the ice and did not take Lapierre’s phone calls to reach out to him.
He missed two weeks of action and returned on November 2, but as Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares, Boyle is happy to be back but not eager to discuss what went down with having such an injury.
“I think there’s a story there, I just don’t think I’m ready to talk about it yet,” Boyle said on Saturday morning. “I’m still going through things. There will be a time where I can open up and talk about it, I’m just not quite there yet.”
Boyle has played well in the past three games for San Jose putting up a goal and four assists overall including a goal and an assist each against Nashville on Saturday.
We’ve heard stories from other players in the past describing how hard it is to return from concussions and other head injuries, and with how Boyle is setting things up here, there’s quite the story to be told.
Thanks for the cliffhanger, Dan.
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 0
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 25
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 69
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 57
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (69)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (57)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)