Dec 15, 2013, 2:46 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals will have a few changes before they face the Philadelphia Flyers this afternoon.
Latta’s first turn with the team saw him play fourth line minutes in 16 games but was productive scoring one goal with three assists. Schmidt being sent down makes sense in that John Erskine is healthy again.
Going without Grabovski, however, isn’t so great. He’s third on the team in points with 27 and third in goals with nine. Hey, at least they’ve still got that Alex Ovechkin guy there with his league-leading 26 goals to provide some offense.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5