Dec 15, 2013, 2:46 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals will have a few changes before they face the Philadelphia Flyers this afternoon.
Latta’s first turn with the team saw him play fourth line minutes in 16 games but was productive scoring one goal with three assists. Schmidt being sent down makes sense in that John Erskine is healthy again.
Going without Grabovski, however, isn’t so great. He’s third on the team in points with 27 and third in goals with nine. Hey, at least they’ve still got that Alex Ovechkin guy there with his league-leading 26 goals to provide some offense.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 17
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 18
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 71
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 94
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)