Dec 15, 2013, 2:46 PM EST
The Washington Capitals will have a few changes before they face the Philadelphia Flyers this afternoon.
Latta’s first turn with the team saw him play fourth line minutes in 16 games but was productive scoring one goal with three assists. Schmidt being sent down makes sense in that John Erskine is healthy again.
Going without Grabovski, however, isn’t so great. He’s third on the team in points with 27 and third in goals with nine. Hey, at least they’ve still got that Alex Ovechkin guy there with his league-leading 26 goals to provide some offense.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 16
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29