Dec 15, 2013, 2:11 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins drew headlines on Saturday, but it wasn’t so much about losing to the Vancouver Canucks 6-2. Instead, Brad Marchand turned heads by making gestures reminding his opponents of the Bruins 2011 Stanley Cup Final win.
Apparently, that bit of trolling didn’t leave B’s head coach Claude Julien amused. He said that the 25-year-old antics will be addressed, according to PHT’s Jason Brough.
Being a pest is a part of Marchand’s game, so it would be interesting to hear what Julien might have to say to him. Unfortunately for those hoping for added entertainment, that won’t happen, as it’s almost certainly going to happen behind closed doors.
It might be a familiar conversation. Julien gave the pest a talking-to following his golf swing taunt back in 2011, after all. Here’s a brief description of that scene back then, via CSNNE.com:
Julien read Marchand the riot act between the second and third period about his bush actions toward the Toronto bench, and the Bruins agitator admitted he’d gone a little too far this time.
Marchand didn’t score a point against Vancouver tonight and is having a disappointing season overall (14 points in 33 games played), so perhaps the message could be as simple as “taunt less, score more.”
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 2
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 10
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)