Dec 15, 2013, 2:11 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins drew headlines on Saturday, but it wasn’t so much about losing to the Vancouver Canucks 6-2. Instead, Brad Marchand turned heads by making gestures reminding his opponents of the Bruins 2011 Stanley Cup Final win.
Apparently, that bit of trolling didn’t leave B’s head coach Claude Julien amused. He said that the 25-year-old antics will be addressed, according to PHT’s Jason Brough.
Being a pest is a part of Marchand’s game, so it would be interesting to hear what Julien might have to say to him. Unfortunately for those hoping for added entertainment, that won’t happen, as it’s almost certainly going to happen behind closed doors.
It might be a familiar conversation. Julien gave the pest a talking-to following his golf swing taunt back in 2011, after all. Here’s a brief description of that scene back then, via CSNNE.com:
Julien read Marchand the riot act between the second and third period about his bush actions toward the Toronto bench, and the Bruins agitator admitted he’d gone a little too far this time.
Marchand didn’t score a point against Vancouver tonight and is having a disappointing season overall (14 points in 33 games played), so perhaps the message could be as simple as “taunt less, score more.”
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 7
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 18
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)