Dec 15, 2013, 2:11 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins drew headlines on Saturday, but it wasn’t so much about losing to the Vancouver Canucks 6-2. Instead, Brad Marchand turned heads by making gestures reminding his opponents of the Bruins 2011 Stanley Cup Final win.
Apparently, that bit of trolling didn’t leave B’s head coach Claude Julien amused. He said that the 25-year-old antics will be addressed, according to PHT’s Jason Brough.
Being a pest is a part of Marchand’s game, so it would be interesting to hear what Julien might have to say to him. Unfortunately for those hoping for added entertainment, that won’t happen, as it’s almost certainly going to happen behind closed doors.
It might be a familiar conversation. Julien gave the pest a talking-to following his golf swing taunt back in 2011, after all. Here’s a brief description of that scene back then, via CSNNE.com:
Julien read Marchand the riot act between the second and third period about his bush actions toward the Toronto bench, and the Bruins agitator admitted he’d gone a little too far this time.
Marchand didn’t score a point against Vancouver tonight and is having a disappointing season overall (14 points in 33 games played), so perhaps the message could be as simple as “taunt less, score more.”
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 11
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 20
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 28
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)