Dec 15, 2013, 2:11 AM EST
The Boston Bruins drew headlines on Saturday, but it wasn’t so much about losing to the Vancouver Canucks 6-2. Instead, Brad Marchand turned heads by making gestures reminding his opponents of the Bruins 2011 Stanley Cup Final win.
Apparently, that bit of trolling didn’t leave B’s head coach Claude Julien amused. He said that the 25-year-old antics will be addressed, according to PHT’s Jason Brough.
Being a pest is a part of Marchand’s game, so it would be interesting to hear what Julien might have to say to him. Unfortunately for those hoping for added entertainment, that won’t happen, as it’s almost certainly going to happen behind closed doors.
It might be a familiar conversation. Julien gave the pest a talking-to following his golf swing taunt back in 2011, after all. Here’s a brief description of that scene back then, via CSNNE.com:
Julien read Marchand the riot act between the second and third period about his bush actions toward the Toronto bench, and the Bruins agitator admitted he’d gone a little too far this time.
Marchand didn’t score a point against Vancouver tonight and is having a disappointing season overall (14 points in 33 games played), so perhaps the message could be as simple as “taunt less, score more.”
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)