Dec 15, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
According to Adrian Dater of The Denver Post, Tanguay was getting treatment done on his hip at the rink. Dater says his hip issue developed while he was rehabbing the knee injury that initially put him out of action back on November 2.
At 34 years old, these kinds of injuries are brutal to deal with. When there’s an issue affecting the hip, that can be a killer given how much players need to get around with speed and agility. Older players losing those abilities is obviously a bad thing.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5