Dec 14, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
Minnesota head coach Mike Yeo didn’t like the way the San Jose Sharks conducted themselves during Thursday’s contest and he didn’t shy away from venting after they handed the Wild a 3-1 defeat.
Yeo accused San Jose of embellishment and felt Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart in particular was “embarrassing.” San Jose had seven power plays to the Wild’s three and all three of the Sharks’ goals came when they had the advantage.
It looks like Yeo ultimately regretted his public remarks though.
“Mike Yeo did reach out to me yesterday and apologized for his comments,” Sharks coach Todd McLellan told CSN Bay Area. “He thought they were out of line, and not appropriate.
“In fairness to him, it can be a very emotional time after a game for a coach. I know I’ve been in that situation before. Once you say something it’s hard to take it back, but I appreciate him reaching out and clarifying that.”
McLellan was initially upset when he heard of Yeo’s comments and doesn’t think Stuart embellished. Still, he’s willing to put this incident behind him.
The Sharks and Wild will play again on Jan. 25.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2