Dec 14, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
Minnesota head coach Mike Yeo didn’t like the way the San Jose Sharks conducted themselves during Thursday’s contest and he didn’t shy away from venting after they handed the Wild a 3-1 defeat.
Yeo accused San Jose of embellishment and felt Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart in particular was “embarrassing.” San Jose had seven power plays to the Wild’s three and all three of the Sharks’ goals came when they had the advantage.
It looks like Yeo ultimately regretted his public remarks though.
“Mike Yeo did reach out to me yesterday and apologized for his comments,” Sharks coach Todd McLellan told CSN Bay Area. “He thought they were out of line, and not appropriate.
“In fairness to him, it can be a very emotional time after a game for a coach. I know I’ve been in that situation before. Once you say something it’s hard to take it back, but I appreciate him reaching out and clarifying that.”
McLellan was initially upset when he heard of Yeo’s comments and doesn’t think Stuart embellished. Still, he’s willing to put this incident behind him.
The Sharks and Wild will play again on Jan. 25.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5