Dec 14, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
Minnesota head coach Mike Yeo didn’t like the way the San Jose Sharks conducted themselves during Thursday’s contest and he didn’t shy away from venting after they handed the Wild a 3-1 defeat.
Yeo accused San Jose of embellishment and felt Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart in particular was “embarrassing.” San Jose had seven power plays to the Wild’s three and all three of the Sharks’ goals came when they had the advantage.
It looks like Yeo ultimately regretted his public remarks though.
“Mike Yeo did reach out to me yesterday and apologized for his comments,” Sharks coach Todd McLellan told CSN Bay Area. “He thought they were out of line, and not appropriate.
“In fairness to him, it can be a very emotional time after a game for a coach. I know I’ve been in that situation before. Once you say something it’s hard to take it back, but I appreciate him reaching out and clarifying that.”
McLellan was initially upset when he heard of Yeo’s comments and doesn’t think Stuart embellished. Still, he’s willing to put this incident behind him.
The Sharks and Wild will play again on Jan. 25.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)