Dec 14, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
Minnesota head coach Mike Yeo didn’t like the way the San Jose Sharks conducted themselves during Thursday’s contest and he didn’t shy away from venting after they handed the Wild a 3-1 defeat.
Yeo accused San Jose of embellishment and felt Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart in particular was “embarrassing.” San Jose had seven power plays to the Wild’s three and all three of the Sharks’ goals came when they had the advantage.
It looks like Yeo ultimately regretted his public remarks though.
“Mike Yeo did reach out to me yesterday and apologized for his comments,” Sharks coach Todd McLellan told CSN Bay Area. “He thought they were out of line, and not appropriate.
“In fairness to him, it can be a very emotional time after a game for a coach. I know I’ve been in that situation before. Once you say something it’s hard to take it back, but I appreciate him reaching out and clarifying that.”
McLellan was initially upset when he heard of Yeo’s comments and doesn’t think Stuart embellished. Still, he’s willing to put this incident behind him.
The Sharks and Wild will play again on Jan. 25.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)