Dec 14, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
Minnesota head coach Mike Yeo didn’t like the way the San Jose Sharks conducted themselves during Thursday’s contest and he didn’t shy away from venting after they handed the Wild a 3-1 defeat.
Yeo accused San Jose of embellishment and felt Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart in particular was “embarrassing.” San Jose had seven power plays to the Wild’s three and all three of the Sharks’ goals came when they had the advantage.
It looks like Yeo ultimately regretted his public remarks though.
“Mike Yeo did reach out to me yesterday and apologized for his comments,” Sharks coach Todd McLellan told CSN Bay Area. “He thought they were out of line, and not appropriate.
“In fairness to him, it can be a very emotional time after a game for a coach. I know I’ve been in that situation before. Once you say something it’s hard to take it back, but I appreciate him reaching out and clarifying that.”
McLellan was initially upset when he heard of Yeo’s comments and doesn’t think Stuart embellished. Still, he’s willing to put this incident behind him.
The Sharks and Wild will play again on Jan. 25.
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 2
- Video: Patrick Kane scores a beauty against Buffalo 1
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 28
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)