Dec 14, 2013, 10:55 PM EST
“I thought the Peluso hit was a joke, for a guy that plays that amount of time and runs a guy like Goligoski from behind. What’s he play, three or four minutes a game? Go run one of our bigger guys,” Ruff said.
Here’s video of that check:
The Stars generated some quick revenge against the Winnipeg Jets on the ice, as they scored two power-play goals on the resulting major penalty.
Ruff praised Goligoski, 28, for coming back. Again, he’s not pleased with the hit nonetheless.
“It was gutsy of him to come back. It cut him open,” Ruff said. “Those are the hits you want to get rid of. Let’s be serious, the hit was stupid, it’s something we want to get rid of and there is really no place for it. There were some good hits. (Antoine) Roussel got hit hard a couple times, we hit a guy into the bench. It was a hard-hitting game, there was a lot of emotion in the game. But we don’t have any room for that.”
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11