Dec 14, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
“I thought the Peluso hit was a joke, for a guy that plays that amount of time and runs a guy like Goligoski from behind. What’s he play, three or four minutes a game? Go run one of our bigger guys,” Ruff said.
Here’s video of that check:
The Stars generated some quick revenge against the Winnipeg Jets on the ice, as they scored two power-play goals on the resulting major penalty.
Ruff praised Goligoski, 28, for coming back. Again, he’s not pleased with the hit nonetheless.
“It was gutsy of him to come back. It cut him open,” Ruff said. “Those are the hits you want to get rid of. Let’s be serious, the hit was stupid, it’s something we want to get rid of and there is really no place for it. There were some good hits. (Antoine) Roussel got hit hard a couple times, we hit a guy into the bench. It was a hard-hitting game, there was a lot of emotion in the game. But we don’t have any room for that.”
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 0
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 18
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 7
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 55
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (55)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)