Dec 14, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
“I thought the Peluso hit was a joke, for a guy that plays that amount of time and runs a guy like Goligoski from behind. What’s he play, three or four minutes a game? Go run one of our bigger guys,” Ruff said.
Here’s video of that check:
The Stars generated some quick revenge against the Winnipeg Jets on the ice, as they scored two power-play goals on the resulting major penalty.
Ruff praised Goligoski, 28, for coming back. Again, he’s not pleased with the hit nonetheless.
“It was gutsy of him to come back. It cut him open,” Ruff said. “Those are the hits you want to get rid of. Let’s be serious, the hit was stupid, it’s something we want to get rid of and there is really no place for it. There were some good hits. (Antoine) Roussel got hit hard a couple times, we hit a guy into the bench. It was a hard-hitting game, there was a lot of emotion in the game. But we don’t have any room for that.”
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)