Dec 14, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Schneider surrendered three goals in the first period, including a weak one to Pascal Dupuis just as the contest was getting underway.
“I thought I had it and somehow it sort of snuck down out of my right. Obviously just an inexcusable goal. That can’t happen at this level. It’s not fair to my teammates to put them down like that 40 seconds into the game,” Schneider said, according to the Star-Ledger.
“I’ve always prided myself on trying not to give up goals like that. I don’t think that’s ever really happened to me before. I couldn’t really explain it. We lost the game by a goal and there it is.”
You can view the goal below:
The Devils were a completely different team after the first period and consequently Schneider only had to face 11 shots over the final 40 minutes. He has only won four of his 15 starts despite posting a 1.97 GAA and .917 save percentage.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11