Dec 14, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Schneider surrendered three goals in the first period, including a weak one to Pascal Dupuis just as the contest was getting underway.
“I thought I had it and somehow it sort of snuck down out of my right. Obviously just an inexcusable goal. That can’t happen at this level. It’s not fair to my teammates to put them down like that 40 seconds into the game,” Schneider said, according to the Star-Ledger.
“I’ve always prided myself on trying not to give up goals like that. I don’t think that’s ever really happened to me before. I couldn’t really explain it. We lost the game by a goal and there it is.”
You can view the goal below:
The Devils were a completely different team after the first period and consequently Schneider only had to face 11 shots over the final 40 minutes. He has only won four of his 15 starts despite posting a 1.97 GAA and .917 save percentage.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4