Dec 14, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames haven’t had much to celebrate this season, but rookie forward Sean Monahan has been one of their few positives. After being taken with the sixth overall pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, he has more than held his own in the NHL with nine goals and 15 points in 24 games.
That’s despite the fact that Monahan was seen wearing a walking boot as recently as this morning.
Calgary is just 12-15-4 record this season, but they’ll face off against one of the few teams they have a better record than in the Sabres. Buffalo is just 3-8-1 under new coach Ted Nolan, but the bench boss has seen positive signs from his squad lately.
Meanwhile the Flames will be looking to win their second straight game since firing GM Jay Feaster.
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 4
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 38
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 95
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (95)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)