Dec 14, 2013, 12:32 PM EST
The Calgary Flames haven’t had much to celebrate this season, but rookie forward Sean Monahan has been one of their few positives. After being taken with the sixth overall pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, he has more than held his own in the NHL with nine goals and 15 points in 24 games.
That’s despite the fact that Monahan was seen wearing a walking boot as recently as this morning.
Calgary is just 12-15-4 record this season, but they’ll face off against one of the few teams they have a better record than in the Sabres. Buffalo is just 3-8-1 under new coach Ted Nolan, but the bench boss has seen positive signs from his squad lately.
Meanwhile the Flames will be looking to win their second straight game since firing GM Jay Feaster.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 57
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12