Dec 14, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames haven’t had much to celebrate this season, but rookie forward Sean Monahan has been one of their few positives. After being taken with the sixth overall pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, he has more than held his own in the NHL with nine goals and 15 points in 24 games.
That’s despite the fact that Monahan was seen wearing a walking boot as recently as this morning.
Calgary is just 12-15-4 record this season, but they’ll face off against one of the few teams they have a better record than in the Sabres. Buffalo is just 3-8-1 under new coach Ted Nolan, but the bench boss has seen positive signs from his squad lately.
Meanwhile the Flames will be looking to win their second straight game since firing GM Jay Feaster.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)