Dec 14, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames haven’t had much to celebrate this season, but rookie forward Sean Monahan has been one of their few positives. After being taken with the sixth overall pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, he has more than held his own in the NHL with nine goals and 15 points in 24 games.
That’s despite the fact that Monahan was seen wearing a walking boot as recently as this morning.
Calgary is just 12-15-4 record this season, but they’ll face off against one of the few teams they have a better record than in the Sabres. Buffalo is just 3-8-1 under new coach Ted Nolan, but the bench boss has seen positive signs from his squad lately.
Meanwhile the Flames will be looking to win their second straight game since firing GM Jay Feaster.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)