Dec 14, 2013, 12:32 PM EST
The Calgary Flames haven’t had much to celebrate this season, but rookie forward Sean Monahan has been one of their few positives. After being taken with the sixth overall pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, he has more than held his own in the NHL with nine goals and 15 points in 24 games.
That’s despite the fact that Monahan was seen wearing a walking boot as recently as this morning.
Calgary is just 12-15-4 record this season, but they’ll face off against one of the few teams they have a better record than in the Sabres. Buffalo is just 3-8-1 under new coach Ted Nolan, but the bench boss has seen positive signs from his squad lately.
Meanwhile the Flames will be looking to win their second straight game since firing GM Jay Feaster.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35