Dec 14, 2013, 8:54 PM EDT
Following news of Boston Bruins forward Shawn Thornton‘s 15-game suspension, Pittsburgh Penguins GM Ray Shero and head coach Dan Bylsma had a basic message, as both mostly praised the player while criticizing the incident itself.
“I think it’s a pretty strong message,” Bylsma said.
Bylsma said that the ruling speaks volumes about getting those types of incidents out of the game. He also noted that while Brooks Orpik did skate on Friday, it was “strictly to be active” and doesn’t indicate that he’s seen in a reduction in symptoms.
The video below covers Shero’s comments, which echo what Bylsma said:
The Penguins’ Saturday contest included a questionable incident, as Deryk Engelland was ejected for a hit on Justin Abdelkader of the Detroit Red Wings. The above quotes came before the game, in case you’re wondering …
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)