Dec 14, 2013, 8:54 PM EDT
Following news of Boston Bruins forward Shawn Thornton‘s 15-game suspension, Pittsburgh Penguins GM Ray Shero and head coach Dan Bylsma had a basic message, as both mostly praised the player while criticizing the incident itself.
“I think it’s a pretty strong message,” Bylsma said.
Bylsma said that the ruling speaks volumes about getting those types of incidents out of the game. He also noted that while Brooks Orpik did skate on Friday, it was “strictly to be active” and doesn’t indicate that he’s seen in a reduction in symptoms.
The video below covers Shero’s comments, which echo what Bylsma said:
The Penguins’ Saturday contest included a questionable incident, as Deryk Engelland was ejected for a hit on Justin Abdelkader of the Detroit Red Wings. The above quotes came before the game, in case you’re wondering …
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 4
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 26
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)