Dec 14, 2013, 7:36 PM EDT
Richards points out that Thomas, 39, is eligible to return in a Dec. 20 game against the Winnipeg Jets. Naturally, that doesn’t mean he’ll be good to go by then, though.
Blame it on age or the rust that came with skipping the 2012-13 season (or a combination of the two factors), but Thomas has been hobbled by lower-body injuries this season. He missed four games in October and six more in November with lower-body ailments. At least one of the two problems were groin-related.
The Panthers have leaned heavily upon Thomas when he has been healthy. He played in all but one game from Nov. 9 to Dec. 10.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)