Dec 14, 2013, 7:36 PM EDT
Richards points out that Thomas, 39, is eligible to return in a Dec. 20 game against the Winnipeg Jets. Naturally, that doesn’t mean he’ll be good to go by then, though.
Blame it on age or the rust that came with skipping the 2012-13 season (or a combination of the two factors), but Thomas has been hobbled by lower-body injuries this season. He missed four games in October and six more in November with lower-body ailments. At least one of the two problems were groin-related.
The Panthers have leaned heavily upon Thomas when he has been healthy. He played in all but one game from Nov. 9 to Dec. 10.
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 6
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 34
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)