Dec 14, 2013, 10:31 PM EDT
Saturday presented a good news/bad news situation for the New York Islanders, who lost to the Montreal Canadiens 1-0 in OT.
Good news: Evgeni Nabokov is back.
Bad news: The New York Islanders have only won three times since Nabokov last played on Nov. 16.
Good news: Nabokov only gave up one goal on 25 shots tonight.
Bad news: Carey Price didn’t allow any.
Here’s the only goal Nabokov allowed, as Max Pacioretty collected the overtime game-winner:
The Habs ended a two-game losing streak, which seems like a small blip as they’ve gone 10-2-1 in their last 13 games. That’s close to opposite of the path for the Islanders, who only have two wins – both in shootouts – since Nov. 16.
But hey, at least they have their No. 1 guy back. That’s a start, right? Maybe?
Jul 27, 2015, 6:21 PM EDT(Edit)
24-year-old forward would require waivers to be sent down…
Jul 27, 2015, 4:28 PM EDT(Edit)
Hence the six-year, $39 million contract.
Jul 27, 2015, 3:26 PM EDT(Edit)
Looking to become a full-time NHLer after suffering a series of injuries at the start his pro career.
Jul 27, 2015, 2:22 PM EDT(Edit)
The alignment debate rages on.
Jul 27, 2015, 12:17 PM EDT(Edit)
Click to see who’s still left.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT(Edit)
Hearing scheduled for Wednesday.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT(Edit)
He calls it the six-year, $25 million contract “good for both sides.”
Jul 27, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT(Edit)
Monday’s collection of links.
Jul 26, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT(Edit)
The only certainty is short-term.
Jul 26, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT(Edit)
Holdovers are noticing a summer of improvements for Buffalo.
Jul 26, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT(Edit)
The two sides avoided arbitration on Sunday.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)