Dec 14, 2013, 9:06 PM EDT
A Saturday night with highs (including his 600th career point) and lows likely ended a few minutes into the third period for Evgeni Malkin, as he needed some help getting off the ice after an awkward tumble into the boards.
The Pittsburgh Penguins star fell backward into the boards. He was unable to put any weight on his left leg as his teammates helped him off the ice.
The 27-year-old seemed to dodge a bullet earlier in this game against the Detroit Red Wings, as he slowly made his way to the locker room after seemingly hitting his head on the ice. A Penguins teammate hit a Red Wings player, who then collided with Malkin on that play.
Again, it was a night of highs and lows, though; Malkin factored into three goals as he found the net once and collected two assists.
He now has 601 points in 490 career regular season games. Hopefully it won’t be too long until he appears in No. 491.
Update: The Penguins did get the win, so there’s that. They beat Detroit 4-1 tonight.
More Penguins news from a busy Saturday for Pittsburgh:
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 14
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 14
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)