Dec 14, 2013, 5:54 PM EDT
Heading into Saturday’s game, it seemed like Craig Anderson was finally getting things together. It didn’t take long for the Los Angeles Kings to shake that growing confidence in an eventual 5-2 decision, however.
Anderson was pulled from today’s game after allowing two goals on four shots in just 4:18 of game action, giving way to Robin Lehner (who received the loss since he gave up the game-winner to Anze Kopitar, who had two goals).
Anderson came into today’s game on a two-game winning streak and also had a four-game point streak going. Meanwhile, Lehner cannot seem to get a break this season. He has a poor 4-7-3 record despite an excellent .930 save percentage. He only has one win in his last eight appearances.
The Kings’ success in net must torment the Sens. Martin Jones continued his scorching start, improving to 5-0-0, stopping 37 out of 39 shots. Ben Scrivens hasn’t seen action since a Dec. 2 win. (Ottawa must envy the luxury of sitting such a goalie.)
The Kings are now 22-7-4 for 48 points in 33 games played while the Senators slip to 13-15-6 for 32 points in 34 games.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)