Dec 14, 2013, 5:54 PM EDT
Heading into Saturday’s game, it seemed like Craig Anderson was finally getting things together. It didn’t take long for the Los Angeles Kings to shake that growing confidence in an eventual 5-2 decision, however.
Anderson was pulled from today’s game after allowing two goals on four shots in just 4:18 of game action, giving way to Robin Lehner (who received the loss since he gave up the game-winner to Anze Kopitar, who had two goals).
Anderson came into today’s game on a two-game winning streak and also had a four-game point streak going. Meanwhile, Lehner cannot seem to get a break this season. He has a poor 4-7-3 record despite an excellent .930 save percentage. He only has one win in his last eight appearances.
The Kings’ success in net must torment the Sens. Martin Jones continued his scorching start, improving to 5-0-0, stopping 37 out of 39 shots. Ben Scrivens hasn’t seen action since a Dec. 2 win. (Ottawa must envy the luxury of sitting such a goalie.)
The Kings are now 22-7-4 for 48 points in 33 games played while the Senators slip to 13-15-6 for 32 points in 34 games.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 36
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)