Dec 14, 2013, 5:54 PM EDT
Heading into Saturday’s game, it seemed like Craig Anderson was finally getting things together. It didn’t take long for the Los Angeles Kings to shake that growing confidence in an eventual 5-2 decision, however.
Anderson was pulled from today’s game after allowing two goals on four shots in just 4:18 of game action, giving way to Robin Lehner (who received the loss since he gave up the game-winner to Anze Kopitar, who had two goals).
Anderson came into today’s game on a two-game winning streak and also had a four-game point streak going. Meanwhile, Lehner cannot seem to get a break this season. He has a poor 4-7-3 record despite an excellent .930 save percentage. He only has one win in his last eight appearances.
The Kings’ success in net must torment the Sens. Martin Jones continued his scorching start, improving to 5-0-0, stopping 37 out of 39 shots. Ben Scrivens hasn’t seen action since a Dec. 2 win. (Ottawa must envy the luxury of sitting such a goalie.)
The Kings are now 22-7-4 for 48 points in 33 games played while the Senators slip to 13-15-6 for 32 points in 34 games.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)