Dec 14, 2013, 5:54 PM EDT
Heading into Saturday’s game, it seemed like Craig Anderson was finally getting things together. It didn’t take long for the Los Angeles Kings to shake that growing confidence in an eventual 5-2 decision, however.
Anderson was pulled from today’s game after allowing two goals on four shots in just 4:18 of game action, giving way to Robin Lehner (who received the loss since he gave up the game-winner to Anze Kopitar, who had two goals).
Anderson came into today’s game on a two-game winning streak and also had a four-game point streak going. Meanwhile, Lehner cannot seem to get a break this season. He has a poor 4-7-3 record despite an excellent .930 save percentage. He only has one win in his last eight appearances.
The Kings’ success in net must torment the Sens. Martin Jones continued his scorching start, improving to 5-0-0, stopping 37 out of 39 shots. Ben Scrivens hasn’t seen action since a Dec. 2 win. (Ottawa must envy the luxury of sitting such a goalie.)
The Kings are now 22-7-4 for 48 points in 33 games played while the Senators slip to 13-15-6 for 32 points in 34 games.
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 3
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 24
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 20
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 18
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 14
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)