Dec 14, 2013, 10:52 PM EDT
Update: Remarkably enough, Jarome Iginla returned during Saturday’s game. This is about that time when it’s appropriate to point out the toughness of hockey players.
Every now and then, there’s a memorable image that begs to be the main photo of a PHT story. Still, there are also times when it’s best to protect the squeamish.
The end result of Iginla’s fight with Ryan Kesler on Saturday probably qualifies for the latter description, which is why this post contains a warning. It’s probably too late to warn you now, though, so …
Here’s what happened to his finger, via Jason McCauley:
/Reaches for airline’s complimentary barf bag.
Iginla, 36, hasn’t returned yet from that fight. We can probably all agree that it’s easy to see why.
Here’s video of the full squabble:
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 4
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 15
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 18
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)