Dec 14, 2013, 10:52 PM EST
Update: Remarkably enough, Jarome Iginla returned during Saturday’s game. This is about that time when it’s appropriate to point out the toughness of hockey players.
Every now and then, there’s a memorable image that begs to be the main photo of a PHT story. Still, there are also times when it’s best to protect the squeamish.
The end result of Iginla’s fight with Ryan Kesler on Saturday probably qualifies for the latter description, which is why this post contains a warning. It’s probably too late to warn you now, though, so …
Here’s what happened to his finger, via Jason McCauley:
/Reaches for airline’s complimentary barf bag.
Iginla, 36, hasn’t returned yet from that fight. We can probably all agree that it’s easy to see why.
Here’s video of the full squabble:
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 1
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 27
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)