Dec 14, 2013, 10:52 PM EDT
Update: Remarkably enough, Jarome Iginla returned during Saturday’s game. This is about that time when it’s appropriate to point out the toughness of hockey players.
Every now and then, there’s a memorable image that begs to be the main photo of a PHT story. Still, there are also times when it’s best to protect the squeamish.
The end result of Iginla’s fight with Ryan Kesler on Saturday probably qualifies for the latter description, which is why this post contains a warning. It’s probably too late to warn you now, though, so …
Here’s what happened to his finger, via Jason McCauley:
/Reaches for airline’s complimentary barf bag.
Iginla, 36, hasn’t returned yet from that fight. We can probably all agree that it’s easy to see why.
Here’s video of the full squabble:
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (36)