Iginla bounces back after hurting finger in fight vs. Kesler

Dec 14, 2013, 10:52 PM EDT

Update: Remarkably enough, Jarome Iginla returned during Saturday’s game. This is about that time when it’s appropriate to point out the toughness of hockey players.

***

Every now and then, there’s a memorable image that begs to be the main photo of a PHT story. Still, there are also times when it’s best to protect the squeamish.

The end result of Iginla’s fight with Ryan Kesler on Saturday probably qualifies for the latter description, which is why this post contains a warning. It’s probably too late to warn you now, though, so …

Here’s what happened to his finger, via Jason McCauley:

source:

/Reaches for airline’s complimentary barf bag.

Iginla, 36, hasn’t returned yet from that fight. We can probably all agree that it’s easy to see why.

Here’s video of the full squabble:

1. shaundre93 - Dec 14, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Murphy’s Law in full.effect for the Bruins right now.

2. charlieconway96 - Dec 14, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Yep, thats definitely broken. I’ll be having phantom pains in my hand the rest of the night.

3. spitfisher - Dec 14, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Could be dislocated….severely that is.

4. titansbro - Dec 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Just dislocated. Been there, no biggie. Hurts like a mother though.

5. pens5829 - Dec 15, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Beanhead fans cry for a suspension of Kessler for an illegal punch….

• drewzducks - Dec 15, 2013 at 12:09 AM

That’s being saved for Engelland, deuche. You gonna blame Skid for Geno’s boo boo ?

• pens5829 - Dec 15, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Nice intelligent response. I believe you look like the “deuche”…

• drewzducks - Dec 15, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I dumbed it down to your Steal City intelligence level as I doubt you’re a Carnegie Mellon grad.

6. ethanmacleod1685 - Dec 15, 2013 at 1:08 AM

I remember when he backed out on a fight with Joe thornton

7. kingmiedus - Dec 15, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Just dislocated. Torry Holt (former WR of the Rams) said that happened to him all the time in game and he’d just pop it back into place. First time freaks you out, but after that its an easy fix if you do it right away.

8. keltictim - Dec 15, 2013 at 5:48 AM

Easy to fix? I shot a framing nail thru my hand pulled it out and went back to work (dumbass, check) but if I did that to a finger that would be the end of the day for me. Finger and toe pain are just the worst.

9. wisdomnfl - Dec 15, 2013 at 9:36 AM

He was a good player but now just a fighter.

10. wishingtonredslur - Dec 15, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Jerome Iginla doesn’t back out on fights with anybody. I’ve seen him go Thornton, you can watch it on YouTube. Oh and don’t worry about his numbers either cause he really doesn’t start to play until Janvier.

11. wishingtonredslur - Dec 15, 2013 at 9:54 PM

That isn’t how you spell douche, so I guess dumbed down would be right.

Top 10 NHL Player Searches