Dec 14, 2013, 10:52 PM EDT
Update: Remarkably enough, Jarome Iginla returned during Saturday’s game. This is about that time when it’s appropriate to point out the toughness of hockey players.
Every now and then, there’s a memorable image that begs to be the main photo of a PHT story. Still, there are also times when it’s best to protect the squeamish.
The end result of Iginla’s fight with Ryan Kesler on Saturday probably qualifies for the latter description, which is why this post contains a warning. It’s probably too late to warn you now, though, so …
Here’s what happened to his finger, via Jason McCauley:
/Reaches for airline’s complimentary barf bag.
Iginla, 36, hasn’t returned yet from that fight. We can probably all agree that it’s easy to see why.
Here’s video of the full squabble:
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)