Dec 14, 2013, 2:52 PM EDT
When Derick Brassard missed Wednesday’s practice, people were naturally wondering why and if the reason was serious enough to cause him to miss Thursday’s contest.
Rangers coach Alain Vigneault got a chuckle out of that.
“He fell on his posterior,” Vigneault explained on Wednesday, according to the Bergen Record. “We gave him the day off. He should be all right tomorrow.”
As it happens though, the injury is more significant than he initially assumed.
Brassard’s tailbone is also sore and at this point, he isn’t sure if he’ll be available for Sunday’s contest against Calgary.
That’s the kind of season the Rangers are having. They’ve entered the campaign with hopes of making a long postseason run, but they’re 15-17-1 after losing the first four contests of their current seven-game home trip.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)