Dec 14, 2013, 2:52 PM EDT
When Derick Brassard missed Wednesday’s practice, people were naturally wondering why and if the reason was serious enough to cause him to miss Thursday’s contest.
Rangers coach Alain Vigneault got a chuckle out of that.
“He fell on his posterior,” Vigneault explained on Wednesday, according to the Bergen Record. “We gave him the day off. He should be all right tomorrow.”
As it happens though, the injury is more significant than he initially assumed.
Brassard’s tailbone is also sore and at this point, he isn’t sure if he’ll be available for Sunday’s contest against Calgary.
That’s the kind of season the Rangers are having. They’ve entered the campaign with hopes of making a long postseason run, but they’re 15-17-1 after losing the first four contests of their current seven-game home trip.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 23
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 132
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 24
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (132)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)