Dec 14, 2013, 2:52 PM EST
When Derick Brassard missed Wednesday’s practice, people were naturally wondering why and if the reason was serious enough to cause him to miss Thursday’s contest.
Rangers coach Alain Vigneault got a chuckle out of that.
“He fell on his posterior,” Vigneault explained on Wednesday, according to the Bergen Record. “We gave him the day off. He should be all right tomorrow.”
As it happens though, the injury is more significant than he initially assumed.
Brassard’s tailbone is also sore and at this point, he isn’t sure if he’ll be available for Sunday’s contest against Calgary.
That’s the kind of season the Rangers are having. They’ve entered the campaign with hopes of making a long postseason run, but they’re 15-17-1 after losing the first four contests of their current seven-game home trip.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 21
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)