Dec 14, 2013, 2:52 PM EDT
When Derick Brassard missed Wednesday’s practice, people were naturally wondering why and if the reason was serious enough to cause him to miss Thursday’s contest.
Rangers coach Alain Vigneault got a chuckle out of that.
“He fell on his posterior,” Vigneault explained on Wednesday, according to the Bergen Record. “We gave him the day off. He should be all right tomorrow.”
As it happens though, the injury is more significant than he initially assumed.
Brassard’s tailbone is also sore and at this point, he isn’t sure if he’ll be available for Sunday’s contest against Calgary.
That’s the kind of season the Rangers are having. They’ve entered the campaign with hopes of making a long postseason run, but they’re 15-17-1 after losing the first four contests of their current seven-game home trip.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 0
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 12
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 58
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 33
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 56
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 57
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7