Dec 14, 2013, 2:52 PM EST
When Derick Brassard missed Wednesday’s practice, people were naturally wondering why and if the reason was serious enough to cause him to miss Thursday’s contest.
Rangers coach Alain Vigneault got a chuckle out of that.
“He fell on his posterior,” Vigneault explained on Wednesday, according to the Bergen Record. “We gave him the day off. He should be all right tomorrow.”
As it happens though, the injury is more significant than he initially assumed.
Brassard’s tailbone is also sore and at this point, he isn’t sure if he’ll be available for Sunday’s contest against Calgary.
That’s the kind of season the Rangers are having. They’ve entered the campaign with hopes of making a long postseason run, but they’re 15-17-1 after losing the first four contests of their current seven-game home trip.
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 0
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 17
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 29
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)