Dec 13, 2013, 2:02 AM EDT
Minnesota Wild head coach Mike Yeo had some harsh words for the San Jose Sharks following Thursday’s game, accusing them of embellishment.
The Wild lost 3-1 to the Sharks, who scored all of their goals with the power play, including a pair in the opening period. The Wild’s road record dropped to 5-8-3, which is last amongst Western Conference teams.
In fact, the Sharks had seven power plays, while the Wild had just three. And Yeo didn’t hold back his thoughts on how he felt the Sharks got those man advantages, accusing them of embellishing and calling it “embarrassing,” as per a couple of reporters that cover the Wild.
It still doesn’t take away from the fact the Sharks made their power play opportunities count.
“It doesn’t matter how many times they dive, we’ve got to make sure we kill them off – or embellish, I shouldn’t say just dive,” said Yeo, as per Chad Graff of the Pioneer Press.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8