Dec 13, 2013, 2:02 AM EDT
Minnesota Wild head coach Mike Yeo had some harsh words for the San Jose Sharks following Thursday’s game, accusing them of embellishment.
The Wild lost 3-1 to the Sharks, who scored all of their goals with the power play, including a pair in the opening period. The Wild’s road record dropped to 5-8-3, which is last amongst Western Conference teams.
In fact, the Sharks had seven power plays, while the Wild had just three. And Yeo didn’t hold back his thoughts on how he felt the Sharks got those man advantages, accusing them of embellishing and calling it “embarrassing,” as per a couple of reporters that cover the Wild.
It still doesn’t take away from the fact the Sharks made their power play opportunities count.
“It doesn’t matter how many times they dive, we’ve got to make sure we kill them off – or embellish, I shouldn’t say just dive,” said Yeo, as per Chad Graff of the Pioneer Press.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 35
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 98
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 87
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (98)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)