Dec 13, 2013, 2:02 AM EDT
Minnesota Wild head coach Mike Yeo had some harsh words for the San Jose Sharks following Thursday’s game, accusing them of embellishment.
The Wild lost 3-1 to the Sharks, who scored all of their goals with the power play, including a pair in the opening period. The Wild’s road record dropped to 5-8-3, which is last amongst Western Conference teams.
In fact, the Sharks had seven power plays, while the Wild had just three. And Yeo didn’t hold back his thoughts on how he felt the Sharks got those man advantages, accusing them of embellishing and calling it “embarrassing,” as per a couple of reporters that cover the Wild.
It still doesn’t take away from the fact the Sharks made their power play opportunities count.
“It doesn’t matter how many times they dive, we’ve got to make sure we kill them off – or embellish, I shouldn’t say just dive,” said Yeo, as per Chad Graff of the Pioneer Press.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)