Dec 13, 2013, 2:02 AM EDT
Minnesota Wild head coach Mike Yeo had some harsh words for the San Jose Sharks following Thursday’s game, accusing them of embellishment.
The Wild lost 3-1 to the Sharks, who scored all of their goals with the power play, including a pair in the opening period. The Wild’s road record dropped to 5-8-3, which is last amongst Western Conference teams.
In fact, the Sharks had seven power plays, while the Wild had just three. And Yeo didn’t hold back his thoughts on how he felt the Sharks got those man advantages, accusing them of embellishing and calling it “embarrassing,” as per a couple of reporters that cover the Wild.
It still doesn’t take away from the fact the Sharks made their power play opportunities count.
“It doesn’t matter how many times they dive, we’ve got to make sure we kill them off – or embellish, I shouldn’t say just dive,” said Yeo, as per Chad Graff of the Pioneer Press.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)