Dec 13, 2013, 2:02 AM EST
Minnesota Wild head coach Mike Yeo had some harsh words for the San Jose Sharks following Thursday’s game, accusing them of embellishment.
The Wild lost 3-1 to the Sharks, who scored all of their goals with the power play, including a pair in the opening period. The Wild’s road record dropped to 5-8-3, which is last amongst Western Conference teams.
In fact, the Sharks had seven power plays, while the Wild had just three. And Yeo didn’t hold back his thoughts on how he felt the Sharks got those man advantages, accusing them of embellishing and calling it “embarrassing,” as per a couple of reporters that cover the Wild.
It still doesn’t take away from the fact the Sharks made their power play opportunities count.
“It doesn’t matter how many times they dive, we’ve got to make sure we kill them off – or embellish, I shouldn’t say just dive,” said Yeo, as per Chad Graff of the Pioneer Press.
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 2
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)