Dec 13, 2013, 12:17 AM EDT
The two traded some heavy shots in a lengthy scrap in the second period. It was, however, odd to see Lucic drop the gloves in that situation. At the time, the Bruins had a two-goal lead. The Oilers made it close with a pair of second period goals from David Perron, but the Bruins, thanks to a two-goal night from Jarome Iginla, came away with a 4-2 win.
Gazdic engaged Lucic along the boards and challenged him a couple of times in the span of about eight seconds, before Lucic finally obliged.
“He’s a strong guy and I have a lot of respect for him. It was a good measuring stick for me,” said Gazdic of Lucic, as per the Oilers’ Twitter account.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 28
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 26
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 22
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 59
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22