Dec 13, 2013, 12:17 AM EDT
The two traded some heavy shots in a lengthy scrap in the second period. It was, however, odd to see Lucic drop the gloves in that situation. At the time, the Bruins had a two-goal lead. The Oilers made it close with a pair of second period goals from David Perron, but the Bruins, thanks to a two-goal night from Jarome Iginla, came away with a 4-2 win.
Gazdic engaged Lucic along the boards and challenged him a couple of times in the span of about eight seconds, before Lucic finally obliged.
“He’s a strong guy and I have a lot of respect for him. It was a good measuring stick for me,” said Gazdic of Lucic, as per the Oilers’ Twitter account.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 10
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 15
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25