Dec 13, 2013, 12:17 AM EDT
The two traded some heavy shots in a lengthy scrap in the second period. It was, however, odd to see Lucic drop the gloves in that situation. At the time, the Bruins had a two-goal lead. The Oilers made it close with a pair of second period goals from David Perron, but the Bruins, thanks to a two-goal night from Jarome Iginla, came away with a 4-2 win.
Gazdic engaged Lucic along the boards and challenged him a couple of times in the span of about eight seconds, before Lucic finally obliged.
“He’s a strong guy and I have a lot of respect for him. It was a good measuring stick for me,” said Gazdic of Lucic, as per the Oilers’ Twitter account.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 115
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (115)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)