Dec 13, 2013, 1:30 AM EST
After a brief recourse from a hideous 10-game losing streak, the New York Islanders once again felt the sting of defeat.
This time, they gave up half a dozen goals in a 6-3 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes, as their road trip out west came to an end. In five games away from Long Island, the Islanders were victorious just once. They’ve now dropped 11 of their past 12 games, with the only win in that time coming against the San Jose Sharks in a shootout on Tuesday.
The two teams combined for six goals in the second period, with the Coyotes scoring four. They are also without their captain and one of their top scorers Shane Doan, who is out “for the foreseeable future” due to illness.
“This one is on us. You can’t have your goalie bailing you out all the time.”
Islanders’ 23-year-old goalie Kevin Poulin saw his record fall to 4-12-0. He made 31 saves in the loss.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 4
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 50
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)