Dec 13, 2013, 12:36 AM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings have entered double digits when it comes to consecutive shootout losses combined over the past two seasons.
The Red Wings lost yet again in the skills competition on Thursday night, as they dropped a 2-1 decision to the Tampa Bay Lightning. Martin St. Louis was the lone shooter to score in what was a six-round shootout.
That’s 11 straight shootout losses for the Red Wings. They’re 0-6 in that department this season, as per MLive.com.
“You work in practice, get some breakaways, try to learn something. You try to be patient, make the move at the right time, but for our team, we got so much skill that sooner or later we’re going to score a lot of goals. I’m not worried about that.
“It’s going to turn around and then maybe we’re going to win five or 10 in a shootout.”
Not like this one was on Gustavsson. Detroit’s shooters went 0-for-6.
- Subban, Habs can’t agree to terms before arbitration hearing 0
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 63
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)