Dec 13, 2013, 12:36 AM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings have entered double digits when it comes to consecutive shootout losses combined over the past two seasons.
The Red Wings lost yet again in the skills competition on Thursday night, as they dropped a 2-1 decision to the Tampa Bay Lightning. Martin St. Louis was the lone shooter to score in what was a six-round shootout.
That’s 11 straight shootout losses for the Red Wings. They’re 0-6 in that department this season, as per MLive.com.
“You work in practice, get some breakaways, try to learn something. You try to be patient, make the move at the right time, but for our team, we got so much skill that sooner or later we’re going to score a lot of goals. I’m not worried about that.
“It’s going to turn around and then maybe we’re going to win five or 10 in a shootout.”
Not like this one was on Gustavsson. Detroit’s shooters went 0-for-6.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)