Dec 13, 2013, 5:24 PM EDT
Another David Clarkson suspension?
The possibility is on the horizon as Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports Clarkson will have a hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety for his headshot on St. Louis’ Vladimir Sobotka from Thursday night.
UPDATE: The NHL has confirmed the hearing.
Click here for a link to the incident in question (FF to 1:18):
Clarkson was given a two-minute minor for an illegal check to the head, roughly 10 minutes later, got into a fight with Blues defenseman Roman Polak.
(Clarkson wasn’t done there, either — he picked up a slashing penalty against Polak with 11 minutes to go in the third.)
Toronto’s high-profile free agent signing missed the start of the season due to a 10-game suspension levied during the preseason, when he left the bench to engage in a fight against Buffalo.
Since then, Clarkson has only managed to score two goals and six points in 23 games.
Kypreos reports the Clarkson hearing is set for Saturday morning at 9 a.m. ET.
McKenzie "I see Clarkson getting the garden variety two games for his hit on Sobotka"—
(@Hope_Smoke) December 13, 2013
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 11
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 10
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 25
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 55
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)