Dec 13, 2013, 5:24 PM EDT
Another David Clarkson suspension?
The possibility is on the horizon as Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports Clarkson will have a hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety for his headshot on St. Louis’ Vladimir Sobotka from Thursday night.
UPDATE: The NHL has confirmed the hearing.
Click here for a link to the incident in question (FF to 1:18):
Clarkson was given a two-minute minor for an illegal check to the head, roughly 10 minutes later, got into a fight with Blues defenseman Roman Polak.
(Clarkson wasn’t done there, either — he picked up a slashing penalty against Polak with 11 minutes to go in the third.)
Toronto’s high-profile free agent signing missed the start of the season due to a 10-game suspension levied during the preseason, when he left the bench to engage in a fight against Buffalo.
Since then, Clarkson has only managed to score two goals and six points in 23 games.
Kypreos reports the Clarkson hearing is set for Saturday morning at 9 a.m. ET.
McKenzie "I see Clarkson getting the garden variety two games for his hit on Sobotka"—
(@Hope_Smoke) December 13, 2013
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40