Dec 13, 2013, 5:24 PM EDT
Another David Clarkson suspension?
The possibility is on the horizon as Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports Clarkson will have a hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety for his headshot on St. Louis’ Vladimir Sobotka from Thursday night.
UPDATE: The NHL has confirmed the hearing.
Click here for a link to the incident in question (FF to 1:18):
Clarkson was given a two-minute minor for an illegal check to the head, roughly 10 minutes later, got into a fight with Blues defenseman Roman Polak.
(Clarkson wasn’t done there, either — he picked up a slashing penalty against Polak with 11 minutes to go in the third.)
Toronto’s high-profile free agent signing missed the start of the season due to a 10-game suspension levied during the preseason, when he left the bench to engage in a fight against Buffalo.
Since then, Clarkson has only managed to score two goals and six points in 23 games.
Kypreos reports the Clarkson hearing is set for Saturday morning at 9 a.m. ET.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)