Dec 13, 2013, 5:24 PM EST
Another David Clarkson suspension?
The possibility is on the horizon as Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports Clarkson will have a hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety for his headshot on St. Louis’ Vladimir Sobotka from Thursday night.
UPDATE: The NHL has confirmed the hearing.
Click here for a link to the incident in question (FF to 1:18):
Clarkson was given a two-minute minor for an illegal check to the head, roughly 10 minutes later, got into a fight with Blues defenseman Roman Polak.
(Clarkson wasn’t done there, either — he picked up a slashing penalty against Polak with 11 minutes to go in the third.)
Toronto’s high-profile free agent signing missed the start of the season due to a 10-game suspension levied during the preseason, when he left the bench to engage in a fight against Buffalo.
Since then, Clarkson has only managed to score two goals and six points in 23 games.
Kypreos reports the Clarkson hearing is set for Saturday morning at 9 a.m. ET.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)