Dec 13, 2013, 2:13 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins have unveiled the jerseys they’ll be wearing for their Stadium Series matchup against Chicago at Soldier Field on Mar. 1:
“I like the logo with the silver accent and metallic look,” Chris Kunitz told the Pens website. “It has a different kind of fit with the striping. The socks and pants all tie into one. It’s a good look.
“It keeps the original in tact, but changed enough to play in an outdoor game.”
Speaking of changes for the outdoor game, the Pens announced numbers on the backs and sleeves have been enlarged/angled to improve visibility in outdoor venues.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5