Dec 13, 2013, 2:13 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins have unveiled the jerseys they’ll be wearing for their Stadium Series matchup against Chicago at Soldier Field on Mar. 1:
“I like the logo with the silver accent and metallic look,” Chris Kunitz told the Pens website. “It has a different kind of fit with the striping. The socks and pants all tie into one. It’s a good look.
“It keeps the original in tact, but changed enough to play in an outdoor game.”
Speaking of changes for the outdoor game, the Pens announced numbers on the backs and sleeves have been enlarged/angled to improve visibility in outdoor venues.
- Ovechkin becomes fifth player to start career with 10 straight 30+ goal seasons 0
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 0
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 21
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 14
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 10
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61