Dec 13, 2013, 2:13 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins have unveiled the jerseys they’ll be wearing for their Stadium Series matchup against Chicago at Soldier Field on Mar. 1:
“I like the logo with the silver accent and metallic look,” Chris Kunitz told the Pens website. “It has a different kind of fit with the striping. The socks and pants all tie into one. It’s a good look.
“It keeps the original in tact, but changed enough to play in an outdoor game.”
Speaking of changes for the outdoor game, the Pens announced numbers on the backs and sleeves have been enlarged/angled to improve visibility in outdoor venues.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2