Dec 13, 2013, 2:13 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins have unveiled the jerseys they’ll be wearing for their Stadium Series matchup against Chicago at Soldier Field on Mar. 1:
“I like the logo with the silver accent and metallic look,” Chris Kunitz told the Pens website. “It has a different kind of fit with the striping. The socks and pants all tie into one. It’s a good look.
“It keeps the original in tact, but changed enough to play in an outdoor game.”
Speaking of changes for the outdoor game, the Pens announced numbers on the backs and sleeves have been enlarged/angled to improve visibility in outdoor venues.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 12
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14