Dec 13, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Sounds like the Ottawa Senators had quite the spirited practice today.
Per Sens Extra, the highlights:
— A Chris Neil punch to the head of Cory Conacher and an exchange of slashes between Neil and Conacher, resulting in the breaking of Conacher’s stick and Conacher throwing his stick against the boards in anger.
— A high stick from Colin Greening which caught Bobby Ryan in the lip, sending him to the ice in frustration.
— A slapshot from Erik Karlsson which caught Chris Phillips in the foot, sending him limping off to the dressing room.
— A makeshift scrimmage which was repeatedly stopped by coach Paul MacLean, as he chewed out individual players for making poor decisions.
But not to worry, all is well. In fact, MacLean liked the intensity, of which the Sens will need to show plenty tomorrow afternoon against the visiting Kings and Monday at home to St. Louis.
Ottawa (13-14-6) has been one of the NHL’s more disappointing teams so far in 2013-14. After overcoming so many key injuries last season and making it to the second round of the playoffs, the Sens can barely muster wins over the Sabres these days. (No offense, Buffalo.)
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)