Dec 13, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
Sounds like the Ottawa Senators had quite the spirited practice today.
Per Sens Extra, the highlights:
— A Chris Neil punch to the head of Cory Conacher and an exchange of slashes between Neil and Conacher, resulting in the breaking of Conacher’s stick and Conacher throwing his stick against the boards in anger.
— A high stick from Colin Greening which caught Bobby Ryan in the lip, sending him to the ice in frustration.
— A slapshot from Erik Karlsson which caught Chris Phillips in the foot, sending him limping off to the dressing room.
— A makeshift scrimmage which was repeatedly stopped by coach Paul MacLean, as he chewed out individual players for making poor decisions.
But not to worry, all is well. In fact, MacLean liked the intensity, of which the Sens will need to show plenty tomorrow afternoon against the visiting Kings and Monday at home to St. Louis.
Ottawa (13-14-6) has been one of the NHL’s more disappointing teams so far in 2013-14. After overcoming so many key injuries last season and making it to the second round of the playoffs, the Sens can barely muster wins over the Sabres these days. (No offense, Buffalo.)
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 35
- Mike Richards clears waivers 31
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 55
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (55)