Dec 13, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Sounds like the Ottawa Senators had quite the spirited practice today.
Per Sens Extra, the highlights:
— A Chris Neil punch to the head of Cory Conacher and an exchange of slashes between Neil and Conacher, resulting in the breaking of Conacher’s stick and Conacher throwing his stick against the boards in anger.
— A high stick from Colin Greening which caught Bobby Ryan in the lip, sending him to the ice in frustration.
— A slapshot from Erik Karlsson which caught Chris Phillips in the foot, sending him limping off to the dressing room.
— A makeshift scrimmage which was repeatedly stopped by coach Paul MacLean, as he chewed out individual players for making poor decisions.
But not to worry, all is well. In fact, MacLean liked the intensity, of which the Sens will need to show plenty tomorrow afternoon against the visiting Kings and Monday at home to St. Louis.
Ottawa (13-14-6) has been one of the NHL’s more disappointing teams so far in 2013-14. After overcoming so many key injuries last season and making it to the second round of the playoffs, the Sens can barely muster wins over the Sabres these days. (No offense, Buffalo.)
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)