Dec 13, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
Sounds like the Ottawa Senators had quite the spirited practice today.
Per Sens Extra, the highlights:
— A Chris Neil punch to the head of Cory Conacher and an exchange of slashes between Neil and Conacher, resulting in the breaking of Conacher’s stick and Conacher throwing his stick against the boards in anger.
— A high stick from Colin Greening which caught Bobby Ryan in the lip, sending him to the ice in frustration.
— A slapshot from Erik Karlsson which caught Chris Phillips in the foot, sending him limping off to the dressing room.
— A makeshift scrimmage which was repeatedly stopped by coach Paul MacLean, as he chewed out individual players for making poor decisions.
But not to worry, all is well. In fact, MacLean liked the intensity, of which the Sens will need to show plenty tomorrow afternoon against the visiting Kings and Monday at home to St. Louis.
Ottawa (13-14-6) has been one of the NHL’s more disappointing teams so far in 2013-14. After overcoming so many key injuries last season and making it to the second round of the playoffs, the Sens can barely muster wins over the Sabres these days. (No offense, Buffalo.)
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35