Dec 13, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Sounds like the Ottawa Senators had quite the spirited practice today.
Per Sens Extra, the highlights:
— A Chris Neil punch to the head of Cory Conacher and an exchange of slashes between Neil and Conacher, resulting in the breaking of Conacher’s stick and Conacher throwing his stick against the boards in anger.
— A high stick from Colin Greening which caught Bobby Ryan in the lip, sending him to the ice in frustration.
— A slapshot from Erik Karlsson which caught Chris Phillips in the foot, sending him limping off to the dressing room.
— A makeshift scrimmage which was repeatedly stopped by coach Paul MacLean, as he chewed out individual players for making poor decisions.
But not to worry, all is well. In fact, MacLean liked the intensity, of which the Sens will need to show plenty tomorrow afternoon against the visiting Kings and Monday at home to St. Louis.
Ottawa (13-14-6) has been one of the NHL’s more disappointing teams so far in 2013-14. After overcoming so many key injuries last season and making it to the second round of the playoffs, the Sens can barely muster wins over the Sabres these days. (No offense, Buffalo.)
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8