Dec 13, 2013, 10:03 AM EDT
Losing in a shootout to the Colorado Avalanche might be something for some teams to hang their hat on with how well the Avs have played.
Not Winnipeg Jets coach Claude Noel, however.
Following the 4-3 loss, Noel told reporters he’s not happy with a proud loss regardless of who it’s against as Paul Wiecek of the Winnipeg Free Press shares.
“I don’t deal in moral victories,” Noel said. “Right now, we’re a .500 hockey team and .500 isn’t good enough. It’s not going to cut it and it hasn’t cut it in the past. It’s put us below the line and this year in the conference we’re in, it won’t come close. You’re going to be really scrambling.”
The Jets have dropped two in a row and four of their last six and sit tied for fifth in the Central Division with Dallas and Nashville, eight points behind the fourth place Minnesota Wild. The opportunity to climb is there, but the game-to-game inconsistency they’ve shown hasn’t helped.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 26
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)