Dec 13, 2013, 10:03 AM EDT
Losing in a shootout to the Colorado Avalanche might be something for some teams to hang their hat on with how well the Avs have played.
Not Winnipeg Jets coach Claude Noel, however.
Following the 4-3 loss, Noel told reporters he’s not happy with a proud loss regardless of who it’s against as Paul Wiecek of the Winnipeg Free Press shares.
“I don’t deal in moral victories,” Noel said. “Right now, we’re a .500 hockey team and .500 isn’t good enough. It’s not going to cut it and it hasn’t cut it in the past. It’s put us below the line and this year in the conference we’re in, it won’t come close. You’re going to be really scrambling.”
The Jets have dropped two in a row and four of their last six and sit tied for fifth in the Central Division with Dallas and Nashville, eight points behind the fourth place Minnesota Wild. The opportunity to climb is there, but the game-to-game inconsistency they’ve shown hasn’t helped.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)