Dec 13, 2013, 10:03 AM EDT
Losing in a shootout to the Colorado Avalanche might be something for some teams to hang their hat on with how well the Avs have played.
Not Winnipeg Jets coach Claude Noel, however.
Following the 4-3 loss, Noel told reporters he’s not happy with a proud loss regardless of who it’s against as Paul Wiecek of the Winnipeg Free Press shares.
“I don’t deal in moral victories,” Noel said. “Right now, we’re a .500 hockey team and .500 isn’t good enough. It’s not going to cut it and it hasn’t cut it in the past. It’s put us below the line and this year in the conference we’re in, it won’t come close. You’re going to be really scrambling.”
The Jets have dropped two in a row and four of their last six and sit tied for fifth in the Central Division with Dallas and Nashville, eight points behind the fourth place Minnesota Wild. The opportunity to climb is there, but the game-to-game inconsistency they’ve shown hasn’t helped.
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 0
- PHT Morning Skate: Two top scoring duos collide in Ducks vs. Stars 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Sharks get over past playoff hurdles? 4
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 18
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 8
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)