Dec 13, 2013, 11:56 PM EDT
Although it certainly wasn’t his busiest effort, it was enough for Luongo to tie Marc-Andre Fleury, Josh Harding, and Ben Scrivens for the lead in shutouts with three. Since being pulled against the Rangers on Nov. 30, Luongo has allowed just four goals in four starts.
The Edmonton Oilers certainly wish they had a goaltender that was doing remotely as well. Devan Dubnyk did have his moments tonight and this loss can’t be put squarely on his shoulders. At the same time, he now has a 3.75 GAA and .888 save percentage in seven contests this month.
Vancouver’s six-game winning streak has improved their record to 19-10-5, but they’re still not comfortable in the highly competitive Western Conference. Right now they have just a two point cushion on the Phoenix Coyotes and Minnesota Wild in the battle for two Wild Card spots. With that in mind, the Canucks have another critical game Saturday night in Boston.
Luongo has already been confirmed for that start.
On the other end of the spectrum, the Edmonton Oilers became just the second team in the NHL to suffer 20 regulation losses.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)