Dec 13, 2013, 11:56 PM EDT
Although it certainly wasn’t his busiest effort, it was enough for Luongo to tie Marc-Andre Fleury, Josh Harding, and Ben Scrivens for the lead in shutouts with three. Since being pulled against the Rangers on Nov. 30, Luongo has allowed just four goals in four starts.
The Edmonton Oilers certainly wish they had a goaltender that was doing remotely as well. Devan Dubnyk did have his moments tonight and this loss can’t be put squarely on his shoulders. At the same time, he now has a 3.75 GAA and .888 save percentage in seven contests this month.
Vancouver’s six-game winning streak has improved their record to 19-10-5, but they’re still not comfortable in the highly competitive Western Conference. Right now they have just a two point cushion on the Phoenix Coyotes and Minnesota Wild in the battle for two Wild Card spots. With that in mind, the Canucks have another critical game Saturday night in Boston.
Luongo has already been confirmed for that start.
On the other end of the spectrum, the Edmonton Oilers became just the second team in the NHL to suffer 20 regulation losses.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)