Dec 13, 2013, 11:56 PM EDT
Although it certainly wasn’t his busiest effort, it was enough for Luongo to tie Marc-Andre Fleury, Josh Harding, and Ben Scrivens for the lead in shutouts with three. Since being pulled against the Rangers on Nov. 30, Luongo has allowed just four goals in four starts.
The Edmonton Oilers certainly wish they had a goaltender that was doing remotely as well. Devan Dubnyk did have his moments tonight and this loss can’t be put squarely on his shoulders. At the same time, he now has a 3.75 GAA and .888 save percentage in seven contests this month.
Vancouver’s six-game winning streak has improved their record to 19-10-5, but they’re still not comfortable in the highly competitive Western Conference. Right now they have just a two point cushion on the Phoenix Coyotes and Minnesota Wild in the battle for two Wild Card spots. With that in mind, the Canucks have another critical game Saturday night in Boston.
Luongo has already been confirmed for that start.
On the other end of the spectrum, the Edmonton Oilers became just the second team in the NHL to suffer 20 regulation losses.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 0
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)