Dec 13, 2013, 3:01 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Cory Schneider will be in goal for the Devils tonight as they take on the Penguins in Pittsburgh.
Schneider hasn’t played in a full week, with his last action coming in a 3-1 loss to Detroit on Friday. Schneider stopped 18 of 21 in that game, then watched as Martin Brodeur played on Saturday versus New York and Tuesday in Columbus.
Marc-Andre Fleury will get the nod for Pittsburgh. He’s red hot, having won four of his last five while posting a 1.38 GAA and .951 save percentage.
Grubauer vs. Clemmensen in Florida — get tickets while you still can!
Not exactly a marquee matchup tonight, but still an interesting one…
Phillip Grubauer will make his second start of the week on Friday for the Caps, this after stopping 32 of 34 shots in a win over Tampa Bay on Tuesday. The German goalie was called up to Washington in the wake of an injury to Michal Neuvirth and has taken full advantage of the opportunity, winning each of his first two starts.
Florida will counter with Scott Clemmensen tonight, replacing injured starter Tim Thomas. Clemmensen allowed six goals on 32 shots against Chicago on Sunday and, quite frankly, has been brutal all year. Probably worth mentioning that Alex Ovechkin has five goals in his last three games. Panthers might wanna put a man on him.
— It’ll be Roberto Luongo vs. Devan Dubnyk tonight when the Canucks host the Oilers in Vancouver. No real surprises here, though it’s interesting Luongo starts tonight with tomorrow’s huge clash vs. Boston on the horizon.
You’d expect Luongo would also get the nod against the Bruins but, lest we forget, the last time these two teams met it was Schneider that got the nod, not Luongo.
On that note, here is a picture of Canucks backup goalie Eddie Lack.
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 6
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 59
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 58
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 164
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 30
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (164)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)