Dec 13, 2013, 11:53 AM EDT
Schenn hit Versteeg midway through the second period, but no penalty was called on the play. The $2,230.77 fine is the maximum allowable under terms of the collective bargaining agreement, and all money will go to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
For a clip of the incident, go to the 48 second mark of this video.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40