Dec 13, 2013, 7:39 PM EST
Not that the Chicago Blackhawks are hurting for forwards right now, but they might get one back soon anyways.
Bryan Bickell skated on Friday for the first time since suffering what’s believed to be a knee injury.
“I feel great,” Bickell told the Chicago Tribune.
The 27-year-old forward doesn’t have a timetable for his return, but Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville suggested that Bickell might be available following Chicago’s upcoming stretch of three games in four nights. Their first contest after that will be on Dec. 20 against the Vancouver Canucks.
Chicago has scored at least six goals in each of their last three games and leads the league with an average of 3.68 goals per game. Bickell has played a relatively small part in his team’s offensive production with five goals and six points in 22 games.
Expectations were high for him after he broke out during the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs with 17 points in 23 contests. However, he was averaging 15:22 minutes per contest in the postseason compared to 12:54 in 2013-14.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)