Dec 13, 2013, 7:39 PM EST
Not that the Chicago Blackhawks are hurting for forwards right now, but they might get one back soon anyways.
Bryan Bickell skated on Friday for the first time since suffering what’s believed to be a knee injury.
“I feel great,” Bickell told the Chicago Tribune.
The 27-year-old forward doesn’t have a timetable for his return, but Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville suggested that Bickell might be available following Chicago’s upcoming stretch of three games in four nights. Their first contest after that will be on Dec. 20 against the Vancouver Canucks.
Chicago has scored at least six goals in each of their last three games and leads the league with an average of 3.68 goals per game. Bickell has played a relatively small part in his team’s offensive production with five goals and six points in 22 games.
Expectations were high for him after he broke out during the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs with 17 points in 23 contests. However, he was averaging 15:22 minutes per contest in the postseason compared to 12:54 in 2013-14.
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 0
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 17
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 29
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)