Dec 13, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Gordon, 30, has missed the last six games with a shoulder injury suffered during a game against Columbus on Nov. 29. Prior to getting hurt he was having a solid campaign for the Oilers, scoring five goals and 11 points in 27 games while leading the team in faceoffs, winning 58.3 percent of his draws.
“It’s exciting to get back,” Gordon said. “I’m ready to go, healthy and hopefully I can bring some positive energy to the team.”
It’s unclear on what line Gordon will play this evening. The Oilers didn’t have a morning skate after playing Thursday night (a 4-2 loss to Boston).
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 4
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 6
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39